PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Hot prot spec for 3.3

tankeroshie
12-20-2009, 12:01 PM
What is the best spec for 3.3? I'm thinking of going back to 0/53/18, but I'm not so sure about putting three points in Divine Sacrifice/Guardian. What do you guys think?

Suicyco
12-20-2009, 12:16 PM
What is the best spec for 3.3? I'm thinking of going back to 0/53/18, but I'm not so sure about putting three points in Divine Sacrifice/Guardian. What do you guys think?

The 1 minute up time on sacred shield and the 20% absorb increase is pretty rocking if you dont have a holy pali spec'd into it. I'm loving the 0/53/18 build, the increased dps and tps in ICC is just revoltingly sick. I'm often in the top 3 dps while doing trash pulls and sometimes first in damage done overall.

Biggest problem your going to have is relaxing your threat to let your off tank/main tank get agro. And be ready to get hit A LOT. Marrowgar trash pulls my OT typically has 1 add the rest are solidly stuck to me.

Get ready to stop your rotation when it comes time to swap on DBS a second or 2 early and to stay out of the fight for a few more seconds if using the tank swap method.

Harmacy
12-21-2009, 01:03 AM
53/18 with Divine Sac/Guardian and Vindication.

Divine Sac makes for a nice cooldown (you likely won't want to actually transfer the damage in a raid setting, so make a macro to immediately cancel the aura, that way your raid gets the buff from Divine Guardian and you don't get instagibbed). Vindication is a huge amount of damage reduction. Crusade, of course, is an amazing threat talent.

white
06-20-2010, 03:20 PM
can any one link the 53/18 spec... and is it the premiere spec for icc as of now..

Lumines
06-20-2010, 03:40 PM
This is the cookie cutter build (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMzbc:pG), with the third major glyph slot being Judgement, Avenger's Shield or Righteous Defense - or Hammer of the Righteous for trash.

It's the "best" build for everything except heroic LK, where people my favour an Aura Mastery-containing spec which is heavy on defensive cooldowns as a trade-off for losing a ton of threat talents.