View Full Version : Death Knight Need help/advice new to tanking
12-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey yall. I'm trying to get pretty serious into tanking and have built up some gear through random heroics. Here is my armory - The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Lapras)
Here are some of my questions:
1 - how does my gear look so far as far as gemming/enchants? (i know i need shoulder/head still)
2 - what else can i do to make my gear better prior to raiding?
3 - i know i need to level my professions, which leads me to the next question - what's the fastest way level professions? i tried reading guides but theyre not very helpful (i plan on going bs/jc)
4 - basically im just trying to get raid/ready and im having a difficult time with it.
5 - how is my spec overall? what are some good rotations i should be doing for single/multi targets?
I will get you some reading material right quick. Once you have read over all of it and feel you have a good understanding of the material, you will never need to post another thread like this!
Also here is a short run-down of your questions:
1) You look fine as far as gear goes. look for a cloak upgrade on wowhead or on here.
2) Look for easy upgrades through the new heroics, you have a bunch of them at the moment and that's great.
3) Do dailies/Spend that gold on your professions.
-Buy mats during prime-time on your server, the prices will be lower due to supply more than likely being higher
4) You're quite ready to tank ToC 10/25, Uld 10/25
5) You're blood, normal rotations apply: PS - IT - DS - HS - HS - Death Coil RP dump - DS -HSx4 - Death Coil RP dump (repeat as needed)
Multi-target stuff- Spread diseases out once they're up(pestilence) and then heart strike and tab around, or use blood boil if there are just way too many mobs. Drop D&D whenever you can.
BRB with guide linkies.
12-19-2009, 08:27 PM
thanks for the help wars!
i have a couple more questions though:
- im currently racking up a good amount of frost emblems, what should i get first according to my gear? i know you posted the thread, and after looking at it i think im going to go with the stam trinket but could be persuaded otherwise
- i want to be able to tank icc 10/25 soon, what sort of things do i still need to do before i can head over there and tank?
12-19-2009, 11:02 PM
I would definitely get the Frost trinket to replace the Rotting Thumb. 220 stamina is a TON.
One thing I will mention about your spec is, you missed Will of the Necropolis. It may seem skippable (especially compared to the Paladin's retardedly overpowered Ardent Defender), but it can and will save your butt in raids. Having those big hits reduced by 15% can be a godsend sometimes, and besides where are you going to spend those points (that will increase your survivability)?