PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Prot Warrior - What weapon to choose?

Frostglaive
12-18-2009, 02:36 PM
So I am a fairly geared Prot warrior, and I am pondering whether to keep my Titanguard (lvl 232 -Ulduar), or get the new Falric's Wrist-Chopper from Halls of Reflection. The axe gives me -10 health, -0.88% hit, -0.04% less dodge, and -0.21% less parry. The rest of the losses were things I did not need anyways.

With the axe I get 1.83% block, and +10.3 block Value, and some more attack power for threat and added damage.

I have my current weapon enchanted with Blade ward, and want to have others comment on which I should pick before I make the switch.

Insahnity
12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
So I am a fairly geared Prot warrior, and I am pondering whether to keep my Titanguard (lvl 232 -Ulduar), or get the new Falric's Wrist-Chopper from Halls of Reflection. The axe gives me -10 health, -0.88% hit, -0.04% less dodge, and -0.21% less parry. The rest of the losses were things I did not need anyways.

With the axe I get 1.83% block, and +10.3 block Value, and some more attack power for threat and added damage.

I have my current weapon enchanted with Blade ward, and want to have others comment on which I should pick before I make the switch.

Post Armory please. If you are an orc, you also get expertise with an axe.

Frostglaive
12-18-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Frostglaive There is my armory, I am undead and I know people usually say to go orc, but I merely go for the extra de-fear and I like undead.

Frostglaive
12-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Not trying to spam posts, but did you see my armory profile and are you able to answer the question?

Aggathon
12-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Go with Titanguard.

Frostglaive
12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Go with Titanguard.

Any specific reason why? From what I see, block can help a tank out a lot, and there seems to be more block all together then the missing stats I lose.

Aggathon
12-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Block sucks, unless you need it for an anub add tanking set, get extra HP and avoidance is going to help you more, I might even wager the hit would end up being more threat than the small dps increase from the weapon.

Frostglaive
12-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Alright, seems reasonable. Thanks!