PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Am I Really Undergeared for ICC10??

kendr1ck
12-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Just wanted some feedback from you guys. I think my gear is fine for the content that I do but I've been turned away from several PuG raids because, "We need someone main tank geared, bro".

I've main tanked everything up to Anub Normal 10 man, and off tanked most bosses in ToC25 normal. All without any major problems. I even did it as unholy, which was never the dominant tank spec, but I liked it and made it work.

I took a break from the game about a month after 3.2.2 dropped and I just came back for 3.3, but I don't really feel like a missed alot. I couldn't make it for my guilds ICC10 run last week and everytime I tried to PuG it, I couldn't even get an invite, let alone a shot at actually letting me try tanking something before they passed judgment. My guild has no issues with my tanking so I don't really understand this. Granted they've seen me in action and can see that I know what I'm doing, but still.

Has the community really devolved so far into "omg, need 5k+ gearscore or ignored" and "only taking pally tank" while I was away from the game or am I really undergeared for ICC10?

Griff
12-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Your gear looks okay for ICC10 to me. Health is a tad low but not critically so. Most people who talk about gear score are ill-informed parrots. Not always, of course, but frequently enough to warrant a comparison.

You do have a big flaw though in that you are lacking a second profession. Why, if you are serious about tanking, would you leave 60+ stam on the table?

kendr1ck
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Professions, are in fact, my biggest flaw as a WoW player. I truly despise leveling them. I get distracted way too easily.

That being said, you're completely right. Can't really be serious until I max those out. :(

Muffin Man
12-18-2009, 12:19 PM
That said, if you don't intend on doing hardmodes you don't need to be *that* serious.

Hell I do hardmodes and I only get a benefit from alchemy (herbalism's lifeblood is a nice gimmick, but that's about it)

But then again, realistically you don't even have one professions (I don't count JC when it can't even cut socketable gems yet).

kendr1ck
12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Yea, it's definitely a liability. Something I need to take care of for sure.

But I dont know if a lack of professions should really be keeping people from inviting me. Like I said I haven't had any problems with the content so far.

Rominoodle
12-21-2009, 08:32 AM
My two cents here...The stuff in ICC definately hits hard. I've gone into ICC and even as a pally people are like...well I dunno man you don't have much health...and to be honest EH does come into play in here. Losing 20% dodge means you get hit a lot more often as well...especially when you set off a trap and you and the other tank are being cleaved for 12k, constantly. I do have to agree on the professions, they suck and I hate them as well, but as a tank we gotta have em. Mining definately isn't as fast as skinning or herbalism, but it has it's benefit. JC has some nice gems you can cut later on, so leveling that would be quite beneficial. People are just being anal about ICC because it's brand new...I wouldn't stress to much about it. The way I see it...if somebody turns me down as a tank, they may get a better geared one...but I'm better looking!