PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Need advice

Cldmani
12-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Hello all,

I just want to state that I left halfway through patch 3.1, and just recently came back after the launch of 3.3. Before leaving, the current frost build was my tanking build for my guild during Ulduar raids. I started running the new 5-man heroics, but i seems to be having trouble at H-HoR, with the waves.

I've been running the collosium 5 man also as much as i can, and trying to get some tanking done for ToC 10man.

I just want some advice as how I can improve my tanking capacity. Is my talent build good? 'cause i hear blood is the spec to be in this patch, and if i should change some gems, enchants and whatnot.

Thanks for your time,
Cid

PS: Link to armory -> The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Cldmani)

I should probably mention this also. This is how my multi-agro rotation goes: DnD>HB>BB>Blood Tap>BB>HB>BB>BB(sometimes DnD) and repeat. To dump my RP, i just spam FS and RS when its available. My single target is IT>PS>BS>BS>OB>rune refresh>OB>OB>OB, rinse and repeat. Same RP Dump method as Multi-agro.

Cldmani
12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
just a friendly bump.

Kitarawow
12-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I am a DK tank with 38k unbuffed with a 2500 gear score and I also have trouble with tanking the adds in HoR. Best thing to do in go in, go to the little pocket to the left where one of the bosses stand, and Pull the mobs with LoS. Make sure a DnD is down to get anitial aggro. Hope i helped :)

Kitarawow
12-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Dont forget to make sure your entire party stands behind the little wall

Suicyco
12-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Here is where your party can really shine in assisting you tank, we do it on the middle podium with a DK, priest, hunter, prot pali tank (me) and any kind of dps. If our DK isnt available I'll bring another hunter or a ret pali for CC's. Using a good cc group is the way to go here have your hunter ice trap the rifleman, have your dk deathgrip over the mage or your priest shackle if no dk. And go to town with a good can of whoop ass in the middle, just make sure you tank the priest 10 yards away (I go on the other side of the podium) from your healer to avoid the aoe nastiness they do. Ret pali's can CC any mob that gets out of control. All in all this is the funnest and most challenging 5 man encounter so far imo, and I really look forward to doing it everyday. But if your group is cc light or doesn't know how to apply cc's quickly then tanking behind one of the bosses in the corner with your party hiding behind you is a feasible way to go.

Aggathon
12-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I actually prefer line of sighting them around a corner, have everyone stand back there and for a DK I'd say put down DnD in the way of the path that the mobs would come in to get initial aggro. From there use your DK AoE abilities, I don't really know what all abilities DKs have, I tried playing one once and was just kind of hitting buttons as things lit up and was just completely oblivious D= maybe I should make one so that I know wtf I'm talking about, lol.

The line of sight trick does seem to work really well though. CC and focus firing mobs can also be very beneficial.

Cldmani
12-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I decided to mess around with an blood tank spec and this is what i came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcE0oIhIofMbssxMxZ0gG:oGdMmV

What changes should i make to that spec, if any?

Swam
12-23-2009, 02:19 AM
I stand firmly against what is "in". Dk tanking has many viable options. by viable I mean can work in a raid setting. Blood is as it has been a solid tank spec. However other specs still shine and can more than hold their own. Satorri's guide will attest to that. I feel if you are running a blood spec 2 handed weapon specilization is a necessity. In your unholy tree you have 3 "icing" talents (epidemic, morbidity, unholy command) Pick a style you like and run with it, just dont spread yourself to thin.