PDA

View Full Version : Tanking New DK 2h Frost Tank

Juno
12-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Being new to tanking, I know there are gaps, but am at least going in the proper direction?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Tegwen)

I was thinking of switching to this frost spec to for tanking.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#eSHK9dGfPJ61wQ,,10958

Is it any good?

Harmacy
12-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Your current spec is much better, mainly because it takes Bladed Armor (which is a huge amount of threat). There are only a few changes I would make - first, replace Hungering Cold with Deathchill, as Deathchill is fantastic for burst threat (especially coupled with Howling Blast) and Hungering Cold is damn near useless in PvE.

I would also consider getting the Howling Blast glyph instead of Frost Strike for farming heroics - I wouldn't use it single-target (dual disease buffs your Obliterate and Blood Strike quite a bit), however it really helps with burst AoE threat. Instead of dropping DnD and then spending 3 runes applying your diseases to all the targets (generating little burst threat in the process), you can drop DnD then Howling Blast then Blood Boil and mobs will stick to you like glue.

You're heading in the right direction, gear-wise (you're uncrittable at least), but you definitely need to replace that pvp and dps gear. There are nice tanking bracers in H OK and H CoS if memory serves, and a decent cloak from the Wyrmrest quartermaster.

Juno
12-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the response.

I can see how switching Hungering Cold for Deathchill and the glyph would indeed be good. With the combination of abilities you suggest, it would be quite the burst in AoE threat.

The PvP was to achieve uncritable and the rest is whatever was available at the time.

mechanism
12-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I had to chime in hear because I recently specced this way an added the howling blast glyph. The difference in aoe tanking is night and day compared to my previous blood spec. Give it a shot.

Juno
12-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the advise, it really paid off.