PDA

View Full Version : Warrior SQUISHY....why?

redneck6979
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Here is my gear.
WoW Heros (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Earthen%20Ring&name=jreb)

The prob is in ICC 10 as an OT I was told that I am still to "squishy". I have been told that I am too squishy to many times than I would like to hear. Everything from Heroics to Uld 10 and now ICC 10 I keep hearing the term squishy. So I will ask the tanks of TankSpot what they think of my gear, gems, enchants, ect. I am currently farming for a new shield, just to keep that in mind.

Any help would be helpful.

Thank you.

Harmacy
12-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't see anything here that would cause you to be squishy. I hate the onyxia trinket and would rather replace it with the Black Heart (or Glyph of Indomitability, which would help reduce the damage you take actually - just make sure to replace it with a stam trinket on magic-based gimmick fights).

I'm no expert on warrior tanks though (never had a warrior past 60ish) so there may be something fundamentally wrong with your spec that I wouldn't notice.

Fledern
12-17-2009, 10:34 PM
The problem is one of perception. Your hp is a bit on the low side, as is your avoidance and armor, for ICC10. The shield isnt helping either.

Here are a few things you might want to do:
1) Farm the shield, the Halls of Reflection one. It drops from normal mode, so you can basically do the place over & over until it drops. Do it, really do it. Massive upgrade. When you get it, enchant it with the old TBC stam enchant. or the defense enchant but i'd still say get the stam enchant. Titanium plating wont do you much good.

2) Switch the enchant on your cloak to armor. Armor = more effective health. You're already well over the defense cap so you can afford to

3) I also would prefer The Black Heart over the Onyxia trinket but i'm advising you to change out some def enchants and if you also change out the trinket, you might end up below cap. Watch your defense, whenever you can afford to, change the ony trinket to the Black Heart.

4) Get the crafted bracers done. Well worth the cost. That'll improve your stam by a ton

5) ilvl 219 legs? no no. Even the conquest badge 226 legs are better. And since you can get the T9 legs so easily now, those legs should be the first thing you change out. If you're worried about the setbonus, forget it.

6) Change out your chest enchant for 275 hp. I'm not advising the T9 chest as i find the conquerors chest a lot better. If you can afford the crafted chest, go for that too.

7) Get the pvp shoulder enchants.

With the shield, leg & bracer gear changes, your defense & armor & health should go up by a significant bit. Then change out your enchants. At the end if you're still over the def cap, change out your ony trinket. I find your avoidance on the low side, especially with the Chill of the Throne effect in icecrown. However, once your stam goes up, your healers will probably tone down their complaints.

The nontier ilvl 245 head & shoulders are also good upgrades but i'd put them last on your to-do list