PDA

View Full Version : Warrior How are things looking mechanically?

Adonijah
12-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm looking for advice, fast and hard, on talents, glyphs, gemming, and enchanting. When doing some ToC10/25 pre-patch, I was having trouble staying up on Icehowl though I had no trouble on Gormok and the Worms. I do wonder if that's a function of undergeared, mis-specced, or lazy healers or my own use of cooldowns or gear. Now, I haven't played for about six weeks and haven't geared to new emblems and the like, so my gear is going to seem on the low side for 3.3. My guild leader at the time told me that I didn't have enough avoidance (42%+ in 219 ilvl average gear) unbuffed, though I'm convinced that stamina is better from a gemming stance.

My talents are setup in such a way that takes all of the survival talents and then changes up on Improved Spell Reflection and Improved Disarm between the two trees, allowing for different fights. I was still trying to get people to do Eye of Eternity in 3.2 because I thought it was a good fight to train new raiders to learn to adjust to gimmicky mechanics and coordination for the first two phases, hence the Improved Spell Reflection (though it was fun for some PvP too). Improved Disarm was for ToC mostly for Gormok, Faction Champs, and the like. I was told Glyph of Vigilance was good for threat generation and though I've had no trouble with threat generation, few others glyphs seemed appropriate. Glyph of Shield Wall was tempting to me, though my guildmates didn't like the idea of having my Shield Wall at only 40% (though on a 2m cooldown talented, I thought it gave it more utility). Glyph of Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration don't seem to do enough for the survival abilities, Last Stand especially since I tend to use Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration together and that puts them on different cooldowns.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thorium+Brotherhood&n=Adonijah)