PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight DK tanking weapons

mandoro
12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I am a fury warrior and we were talking about drops in ICC and how Saurfang drops his axe: Ramaladni's Blade of Culling - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50798)

Now I understand this is a dps weapon and I dont mind losing rolls to dps who could use this, but our tanking dk, he is blood btw said he would roll against me for it. I dont know why, but Im kinda pissed off that he would take a dps weapon away from a dps. Right now he has the Quel'delar str weapon while I am duel wielding two tyrannical beheaders.

Is my anger justified, or is this really a more useful weapon for a blood dk tank then I think?

Ulosthegame
12-17-2009, 12:44 PM
It's the best blood weapon before 25man ICC drops.( which I've not looked at yet) It may be BiS for blood until the next gate opens.

Acidbaron
12-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Indeed it's the best tanking weapon for 2H dk's, i'm using it myself.

Haven't found one that gives more stamina or threat.

TheYanger
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
It's essentially BiS for the rest of the game. In terms of effective health, at least.

Wilhem
12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Yep, i'd be rolling against you, too... Actually, i'd probably be upset that DPS wanted to roll against me because it has 2 BLUE sockets that I could stack some +30 stam gems in for a total of +204 stam and +154 strength...

Ok, I wouldn't be upset, but hopefully you get my point. =D

Bumbuckle
12-18-2009, 04:32 PM
For people who don't have Lothar's Edge this weapon is extremely good, depending if you need the Hit or Exp however. Also fits great into the ICC sets where Exp is very low. Expect the Heroic version of this weapon to be very near BiS.

AxLxExX
12-18-2009, 05:14 PM
It has expertise(a good tank stat), lots of stam (...), 2 blue sockets (stam gems = blue). With ICC 2handers, it's justified either way. Both tanks and dps just need to try and work it out.

Insahnity
12-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Yep, i'd be rolling against you, too... Actually, i'd probably be upset that DPS wanted to roll against me because it has 2 BLUE sockets that I could stack some +30 stam gems in for a total of +204 stam and +154 strength...

Ok, I wouldn't be upset, but hopefully you get my point. =D

I believe you mean 224 stamina...
164 + 30 + 30 = 224

Wars
12-18-2009, 05:50 PM
You have no reason to be upset, if you are, that's your own fault for not knowing the gearing priorities of the person who's tanking for you!

That's right, us tanks do our job for the group, and we usually get no appreciation from them!

Going to clear this on my alt-dk this weekend and I'm sure all the dps will be vividly aware of my want of this weapon!

Nitrous
12-20-2009, 01:24 AM
I had 2 furry warriors pass this to me, because they already knew this was BiS for this section of the instance. I've been in love ever since