PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Blood tanking ICC 10.

Seteh
12-17-2009, 08:18 AM
I've been tanking in ICC 10 as a blood DK. There is a link to my armory.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Seteh) and I was looking for advice to make these fights go by easier. I was wondering about advice for gemming and my talent build. I'm currently specced to increase my threat output while holding my own tanking. We've done a full clear of the available bosses in ICC 10 but I know it's going to get harder so constructive advice would be appriciated.

Acidbaron
12-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I personally would say looking at enchants.

Stam+res one on shoulders.
Armor on cloak, agility isn't really worth it.

Guessing it's a bug that is says +102 stamina on bracers.

Gems, oh dear where to start.

Never gem purely for expertise, get stam+ expertise if needed. Never gem for dodge either. Rule of the thumb i use is, if the socket bonus is a small amount of avoidance don't bother and gem it with pure stamina.

Never ever gem strenght as a tank.

Remember your blood speced so you have +6 expertise that doesn't show up by using veteran of the third war talent.

If you don't suffer from threat issues and are using the right rotation then don't gem or enchant for excess amounts of hit and expertise. Survivability stats are more important.

Trinkets, use stamina ones ilevel means nothing on trinkets no point in using those at all, i would say that the onyxia one is probably the worst pick. totc5 stam one and the vendor armor one and you're much beter off if you don't have 2 stamina ones that are drops from raids.

Must be some beter boots you can get, get the crafted ones instead.

Seteh
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
It's not a bug on the 102 stam. I'm a LW enchanter. I gem to hit specific caps. I've hit Def Hit and Expertise cap. I'm probably going to switch my dodge gems to parry gems to help with avoidance. I am working on getting a different trinket but it's a slow process.

timtim89
12-17-2009, 10:39 AM
well it really dosent matter if u can make all the threat in the world if u cant take a hit u cant take a hit lol, geming for threat is ok for heroics but you never want to do that for endgame stuff you need the health for the boss hits. But anyways you should beable to hold aggro w/o being hit cap etc....

Seteh
12-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Well like I've said. I've downed every 10man boss the game currently has. The only issue I ever had was threat which is why i switched up my gems to add more threat.

Acidbaron
12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
When do you have issues with threat?

If the answer is 'at the start' then it's normal to a point, we don't have a lot of initial snap aggro but that's why you got rogues and hunters in your raid.

You shouldn't have major threat issues during the fight on a single target, how much TPS are you putting out?

Seteh
12-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I haven't noticed threat issues much since I gemmed and talented for more threat and actually I don't have hunters or rogues in my raid at all. But I used to have issues with aggro and having to constantly taunt, not noticing those anymore though since I did some work on it.

Pandaneitor
12-23-2009, 06:26 AM
wich its better for tank ICC Blood or FROST? whats better for hold Agro ADDs ? and another thing.

whats stack need for tanking well icc.

DEF DOGUE PARRY EXPERTISE.. i dont know if am bad or the when i go sucks but i die easy as blood tank..

theres my info

armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ragnaros&cn=Pandaneitor&gn=Nightmare)

my talents i put somme bads but i dont think they make the diferent cuz i die.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ragnaros&n=pandaneitor)

Seteh
12-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Some things I noticed on yours. Bracers swap out def for + 40 stam. Don't ever gem for defense as you'll hit def cap with gear. Go with + 10 stats on chest. Enchant your cape. You don't need hysteria, thats purely dps for your talents. There's some changes I'd personally make but thats the only one that I'm totally against. Also I'd use glyph of disease to make your rotation easier. Also pick up 2 professions. You don't have any profession and even just picking any random 2 will get you decent bonuses.

Fledern
12-23-2009, 11:04 PM
I've zigzagged between high & low hit and expertise levels. I dont find low expertise a problem of any sort, you really dont need to go after it with such zeal. I'm nowadays at 15 expertise, down from 28, and tbh, i didnt feel any difference at all.

Hitwise, too low a hit and you start missing out on your disease applications. That hurts yes. However, even though i like the full spell hitcap, i find gemming for it hurts me a lot more than i like. Nowadays i'm trying to stick around to 8%ish melee hit. With virulance, my draenei racial and the higher returns of hit for spells, that gets me pretty near the spellhit cap - enough that i dont feel the need to ever gem or enchant for hit. I do however hunt after gear with hit on it rather than ones without.

I'd say you could really switch out your gemming to more stam and not really feel a hit in your tanking. Your hp levels make me go ouch. (and enchant for more armor imo)

Cainne
12-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Some things I noticed on yours. Bracers swap out def for + 40 stam. Don't ever gem for defense as you'll hit def cap with gear. Go with + 10 stats on chest. Enchant your cape. You don't need hysteria, thats purely dps for your talents. There's some changes I'd personally make but thats the only one that I'm totally against. Also I'd use glyph of disease to make your rotation easier. Also pick up 2 professions. You don't have any profession and even just picking any random 2 will get you decent bonuses.

Hysteria as a Blood Tank is used on a physical DPS, such as a feral druid.

Glyph of Disease is a threat loss compared to Rune Strike and Death and Decay glyphs.

@ OP

Make sure to use Death and Decay quite alot as blood, its dishes out alot of threat compared to its rune cost.

Seteh
12-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Actually death and decay should only be used as an initial threat builder. I don't noticed threat issues any more and I only use death and decay once. Glyph of disease actually isn't a threat loss since your saving yourself from having to cast icy touch or plague strike more than the first time freeing yourself up to use an extra obliterate deathstrike scourge strike or even 2 heartstrikes which will do much more for your threat.

Pandaneitor
12-25-2009, 05:17 AM
sethe one ask whats ur rotation?

Seteh
12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Death and decay to start. Pest when needed to keep up diseases. Death strikes when I need death runes and depending on the mob spamming heartstrike or blood boil for large amounts of adds. Runestrike macro'd into every ability so always used when proc'd.