PDA

View Full Version : DPS Tank trying out Arms spec: any criticism would be appreciated!

Stantz
12-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Hola :)

The last few weeks I've been cobbling together a basic Arms set; mostly from grinding Wintergrasp or crafted items. With the new dungeon finder tool I've taken a break from tanking to help train a fellow guildie by guiding him through 5 mans and using the bulk of the badge gear for my main.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Kurtsteiner)

So this is an off-spec but with the rate the badges are coming in I'd like to improve my warrior some. I plan to buy 2 pieces of T9 in one go as well as the ring but would like some general advice on which order /parts to upgrade as well as gemming. I'm still unsure about gemming for ARP and also haven't seen a clear cut answer saying how much expertise I need (I do know it's less than 26 but am gemming it on the side of caution).

As with all things it's work in progress and I'd be grateful for any advice or criticism if it points me the right way and helps me bring another tank into this game :)

Thanks!

woodyman
12-17-2009, 07:43 AM
id say try an pick up banner of victory as ur other trink for the arp an AP proc but u will have to compensate the hit. but there is a nice ring from triumph badges with hit on it.
An u may have to make up some more hit else where.
Obviously u wana swap out the pvp gear maybe with some T9 badge gear unless ur gonna keep it as a pvp spec?

Stantz
12-17-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't even like pvp, I just run WG to practice crowd control and stunning unpredicatable mobs :) For me the resilience is a wasted stat as I spend most of my time in pve and I'm looking to gear up in the weeks ahead. Yet to see the banner drop but the triumph ring is something I'd like to get soon as I can

Watcherprime
12-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Greetings,

I have looked over your spec (gear sounds like a non-issue to you), and have noticed a few items that looked amiss.

Anger Management: I know, it is counter to most lines of thought but this talent is about wasted in close to all specs. In all honestly, if you are away from the mob (which is why you would need rage regen) you may as well charge your target.

Improved Execute: Considering that you put in 1 of 2 points into it, it is a waste. Sudden Death is too ramdom of a proc to justify decreasing its cost.

Improved Slam: This turns a 1.5 second attack into a half second attack that can add more pain on the boss while you are waiting for the procs (Taste for Blood and Sudden Death). It also can boost your rating on the dps chart.

Glyph of Bloodrage: Free 30 rage. No damage done to you. Prefect if the rage needs a touch of re-filling.

From there, depending on your play style, are mere nit-picks that might serve you better than what I can see.

Happy dps'ing in Arms.

~Fedand
Cenarian Circle, Silver Hammer

Stantz
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I'll try the talent changes and see what it brings; I have noticed I'm nowhere near rage starved and even with every priority used on cooldown still find room for a heroic strike so maybe that little tweaking will help :)