PDA

View Full Version : DPS Ele Shaman gear upgrade help

Theandris
12-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Since the patch I've had a chance to get my shammy some ok gear. As I have upgraded staying at/above hit cap has been a real struggle. Now having the 5pcs 232 gear I am finding it even more of a struggle as very little of the 245 gear available to purchase with emblems has hit. Should I purchase some 245 gear and replace some gems to obtain the hit cap again prior to going into ICC?

Here is a link to my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grizzly+Hills&n=Kaidius)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Harmacy
12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
First of all, let me say that elemental shaman itemization SUCKS. Most if not all of the caster mail is loaded with useless MP5.

You're over the hit cap if there's a boomkin or a shadow priest in the raid, which there almost always is in 25 mans. If you're focusing on 10 mans and can't guarantee one of those classes, then yeah 14% might be a good goal.

There's nothing wrong with gemming hit if you need to. Getting hit capped is your number one priority, nothing else not even spellpower is as important. You can also try replacing boot enchants with icewalker, that will bring you 12 points closer.

A few things I notice: you should be using the crit meta (chaotic skyflare) as 3% extra damage on your Lava Burst is huge. Also remember that there's nothing wrong with using cloth or leather than's nicely itemized for you, like Strip of Remorse - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50314),

Theandris
12-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the reply and the info on the meta gem. Our guild is mainly focusing on 10man raids with very limited 25mans. Unfortunately in our raid comp we have neither a shadow priest or boomkin.

I agree that there are a lot more mail items with mp5 which is totally useless. I think blizz dosen't like ele's. :rolleyes: I will take a look again at the cloth / leather items available and see what I can work into my current gear.