PDA

View Full Version : Warrior (tank warrior) no clue what to do

TeddyTauren
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
me- World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/too4o1kr1xzhhe4m/analyze/dt/spell/?source=115&s=2700&e=2925&target=2)

other tank- World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/too4o1kr1xzhhe4m/analyze/dt/spell/?source=114&s=2700&e=2925&target=1)

no idea why. no idea what to do to -make it more equal.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Uskilloth)
is my armory

although apparently i logged off in the wrong gear, so ill fix that asap

Wars
12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Going to give it a look, can you give me his armory as well?

Wars
12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
From what I can see, he must just have more physical mitigation/avoidance than you.

It's only 300 more effective healing needed on you per second.
Also that is only 300 more effective healing on the melee portion. You actually took less damage from surge there than he did.
He could of also blown his cooldown during her fury period where the other put up a shield, where as you did not.

I don't think this is indicative of any actual problems.
That's not a whole lot to ask.

I think your gear is fine and that there should be no problem here for you.

No problem, keep on trucking.

Aggathon
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Are you hitting shield block when the other twin casts shield?

Also, sir. Armed to the Teeth, spec it.

TeddyTauren
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
its the right gear now
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Gonzó

his armory.

i still seem to be taking more damage

Wars
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Yeah we saw that when we armory'd you! :D

TeddyTauren
12-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Are you hitting shield block when the other twin casts shield?

Also, sir. Armed to the Teeth, spec it.

i like safegaurd. cool for gormok, marrowgar, icehowl, jarrax, anub, saurfang if youre dual tanking it.

threat isnt a problem

Wars
12-16-2009, 08:10 PM
You taking damage is also not a problem, so don't worry about it.

Like I said, you're taking 300 dps(effective) more, and that's not really a big deal at all. Nothing to worry about here.

Wars
12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
On another note, if your healers are crying that you're taking too much damage based on these logs, link them this thread and I'll personally tell them it's a non-issue and they need to get out of the numbers and get back in the game.

TeddyTauren
12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
nah im the one QQing cuz i die before any of our other tanks.

not on twins, but on other bosses like marrowgar or gormok 25H

but its good to know

Aggathon
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Are you hitting shield block when the other twin casts a shield? When the other twin is doing twins pact, the twin you are tanking starts dual wielding and basically attacks you for double. As a palidan if they are keeping up holy shield and/or the damage dips into AD, then they are going to take less damage, or he may even be using some other cooldown there. As a warrior if we just hit shieldblock, then the increased damage is almost negligible. If not, that could explain the slight increase in damage you are taking.

Wars
12-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Also teddy if you look at the graph in depth, there are quite a few times during the fight you are taking less damage. This could have something to do with the shaman healing both of you guys and getting crits on one of you and not the other(causing ancestral fortitude) and one of you taking 3% less damage.

Multitude of reasons man, don't worry about it.

Aggathon
12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
higher general damage intake could also be due to orbs, that that kinda depends on how you do the fight.

Aggathon
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Ya, I just looked at our logs from our Twins kill on our insanity run. They look pretty similar.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/65amxwfbtblh9bpz/sum/damageTaken/?s=5685&e=5947)

Wars
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah the only specific thing I saw him taking more overall damage is with melee damage specifically, the other two causes(vortex/orb) was almost null.

TeddyTauren
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
i dont remember if i used shield block when the other used a shield, i do remember that i used a cooldown for each of their abilities except when they used a shield on me

TeddyTauren
12-17-2009, 07:21 AM
so this is unrelated to the original topic, but i figure its better than making a new one and flooding. or appearing to.

would i be better off getting the new frost emblem trinket asap or gettin the tier so i can get that 4set asap?

i see the 4set being extremely awesome.
not only does it act as a considerable source of mitigation, but if i pop all health cooldowns (comm shout, juggernauts vit, last stand) i get to about 70k health with full raid buffs. so then i wait for cooldowns to come up again (since the effect lasts until cancelled) then start a fight without taking the first 24k dmg (14k for the original 70k buff and then 10k for when that goes away and im at 50k health)

it might work differently than this way that im imagining it. anyone know?