PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight DK Blood tank - How do I look so far?

Adzam
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the tanking scene (been a Resto Shaman for a LONG time) I think my gear is pretty decent so far but I wanted to see if I am going the right way with it.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=adzam)

I have tanked most 10 person raids up until ICC came out, right now my guild is looking to fill a OT spot for our 10 man group, would I be OK for ICC?

If you have any advice please post!

Wars
12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm sure you know the normal things; Grab epic gems for your tanking pieces(I don't care how broke you are!), your chants are fine, your expertise is about 14 skill points low, so work on that if you can.

Other than that, you should be fine as the biggest hurdle in there in 10man was marrowgar and he has had his melee reduced. Just go for it!

With blood you really also shouldn't be trying to balance your avoidance/EH. It's an EH spec, get rid of your dodge gem, your parry-stam gem, and whatever else you're running. EH that baby up!

Wars
12-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Moreover, you don't need the defense chant on your cloak, get 225 armor, that's basically the best EH chant you're going to find for cloak.

If you're not suffering on threat, grab 18 stam to gloves if you're having trouble surviving.

Grab the epic leg chant.

Adzam
12-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback :)

I took your advice on it all, tonight I should be picking up the 245 Triumph helm along with the leg enchant. My expertise should go up alot once I get the helm. I'm not having to rough of a time surviving most fights but damage on a DK seems to be a lot more than with other tanks, thank god for cooldowns lol.

Would it be worth it to take up frost as my main spec? AoE threat is rough some times but I think the dps can be at fault a little. Also, would it be worth it to break up my T8 2 piece bonus in favor of the T9 stats?

Thank you again for the help!

Harmacy
12-17-2009, 02:36 PM
The Onyxia trinket is especially bad for a DK, because your parry is already pushed so far into diminishing returns just from your strength. What other trinkets are available to you? Because I would consider either a second stamina trinket, or the triumph badge one (+armor with a very nice dodge cooldown) to be superior.

Spec and glyphs look OK, personally I would take some points out of Subversion and Scent of Blood for Rune Tap/Imp Rune Tap, as a 20% heal every 30 seconds is very nice, but I guess that's personal preference.

A few pieces of your gear are weak, but overall it's pretty nice and all properly gemmed and enchanted.

It's definitely worth breaking the t8 2-piece, nice as it is, to get a nice gearup. YOu probably don't need the extra threat as Blood anyways.

Kurtosis
12-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Try experimenting with Mark of Blood too. Always fun to put that on a boss right b/f it AoEs to give everyone hit a little healing.

Adzam
12-18-2009, 02:31 AM
The Onyxia trinket is especially bad for a DK, because your parry is already pushed so far into diminishing returns just from your strength. What other trinkets are available to you? Because I would consider either a second stamina trinket, or the triumph badge one (+armor with a very nice dodge cooldown) to be superior.

Spec and glyphs look OK, personally I would take some points out of Subversion and Scent of Blood for Rune Tap/Imp Rune Tap, as a 20% heal every 30 seconds is very nice, but I guess that's personal preference.

A few pieces of your gear are weak, but overall it's pretty nice and all properly gemmed and enchanted.

It's definitely worth breaking the t8 2-piece, nice as it is, to get a nice gearup. YOu probably don't need the extra threat as Blood anyways.

I do have the dodge trinket from Ick in H PoS, I actually have been wanting to get rid of the Ony one. Since the patch hit I have been looking at the Triumph one a little more since over all damage reduction looks like the sign of the times instead of avoidance.

I agree on the weak gear I have, lol, over all it's nice except for like 2-3 items I REALLY want a upgrade for.

Thanks again guys!