PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Need suggestions/advice

Pzycho
12-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey all, love the site, long time reader - first time poster :P

So my current situation is that patch 3.3 put me in a whirlwind. I had a pretty good progression path for gear going on, then patch 3.3 blew it out of the water because I didn't expect the Triumphs to flood in like they are.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&n=Pzycho)

Here is my current setup, Felt bad dropping my T8 chest and helm for what I have now, but think that overall it's an upgrade. I feel that my HP is really low, my def is too high, but all that can be fixed with gems. I am hesitant to fix it now because we walk through any herioc so I change gear out realitively quickly and have to get new gems anyways. My real concern is what gear should I be progressing to. Right now my Guild is all pugging to get triumphs so our raids are out of the window, we are a very small guild built around 10 man raids. So what of my Warrior, am I on the right path or not?

Any and all feedback is welcome, and if anyone looks at my spec, i am changing it tonight. Respec'd last night before bed... BAD IDEA!! lol

Griff
12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Get rid of the defense gems, the hit gems and the parry gems - socketing for bonuses is rarely worthwhile.

You also need new pants and maybe a headplate of the honorbound.

And the respec..good idea:)

Pzycho
12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Yea, I dont have a lot of gold to spend on them gems at the moment, specially since I will be getting more new gear shortly. So should my gems be only Stam and Dodge gems?

Here is the preview of the spec that I am thinking about. Please critique.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=0502000000000000000000000000000325000000000000 000000000000053351225000012521330113321)

I put two points in Booming Voice because threat is covered already, don't think that I need the extra points in IHS or SW or anything like that, and I hate having to refresh it all the time.

My goal is MT 10 ICC. Additionally I am not the type of person that wants the "use this spec" answer. I like to understand why I'm spending the talent points.

Thanks for the quick response.

Pzycho
12-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, and I am farming for Rimefang's Claw for the passive Expertise gain because I;m human.

Griff
12-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Gems: You can't go wrong with stacking stam gems with a dodge/stam or expertise/stam for your meta. You can pick up a few socket bonuses without too much stam loss if you pick and choose sockets with a +9 or stronger stamina bonus but honestly, I think the gains you pick up that way are marginal (weighed against a marginal loss in stam).

As for your proposed spec: Honestly, I haven't heard a strong argument for not having deep wounds unless you're setting up a spec for max protection (which is not warranted by current ICC content) or for very specific roles such as add tank on heroic Anub.

You're specced into 5/5 cruelty which is only useful for increased damage but the deep wounds build offers more raw damage output (and concordantly, threat.) For me, deep wounds accounts for about 7-9% of my damage, depending on the encounter, which is pretty substantial.

I also think you're hurting yourself with the lack of IHS. On most fights, my parses have heroic strike being one of the leading sources of damage on my target - it gets alot of use and making it less expensive to use is an effective use of talent points in my view.

Your spend in the prot tree looks spot on.

Pzycho
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Griff, thanks so much for the outstanding response, this is the kind of feedback I appreciate the most! So with your advice I would propose something like this then:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=3502000022000000000000000000000300000000000000 000000000000053351225000012521330113321)

I usually like to finish things off, but I'm not sure if that point is worth losing AttT or anything out of my Prot tree. Think this is the one I'm going with... But more criticism is helpful.

Edit: Didn't mean lose AttT completely, just a point. (Obviously)

Griff
12-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Most tanks doing the 15/3/53 build drop a point from shield spec. It means you will block slightly fewer attacks and reduce your rage on avoidance slightly in exchange for a 16% improvement in your DW bleeds. Block is sub-par for mitigation talent and a slight hit here isn't a big dea except for a max protection build and then you're not going to be speccing into DW anyways.

You are at the point in this build however where preference will bear to some effect on the decision. Good luck.