PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Christmas-Tree'd-Marmot

Ciderhelm
12-16-2009, 09:13 AM
4LXUZe-mDes

SeW1Qq_wRBQ

These movies can be downloaded in high definition through our Donor Download Service. Click to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

All remaining BlizzCon Murloc Marines are being awarded, so check your private message!

Kaliam
12-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Merry Christmas, Lore! I love the tree ;)

Strit
12-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Lovely. :P

/agree, the dungeon finder is awesome for guys like me. Casuals, with almost no online time. :)

Zandragal
12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Bears with jet-packs!!! :p

So awesome

ghiradelli
12-16-2009, 10:29 AM
LOL This week's intro was absolutely fantastic Lore! I can't wait to see what Aliena comes up with though.

Stephinrothdr
12-16-2009, 11:42 AM
/agree new dungeon finder is awesome. And when Halls of Reflection comes up for me.. It's leave group, i really don't wanna run half of the new instances with pugs for the most part.

J4yk
12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I really like your videos!

Eoika
12-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Only 3 tries to get the secret message!

Ciruss
12-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Yea... the new dungeon finder is pretty good. Only irritating thing is getting Oculas four times in a row. Yea, bears with jet packs is pure awesomeness.

Raien
12-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Only 3 tries to get the secret message!

/grumble

ghiradelli
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Speaking of not being able to stack classes on ten mans, last night when getting the groups together the gm stacked all the casters for his group for the Fanatics in the Lady Deathwhisper fight while we got all the melee classes in the second group, lol.

Kilax
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
"They're big and scary and will eat your face..." :eek:

10/10, two thumbs up, five stars. I believe the simple word 'awesome' sums this video up nicely.

Vrekgar
12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Here ya go lore. Your Favorite, Bears with Jetpacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnBh235GIA
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnBh235GIA)

Alamire
12-16-2009, 10:46 PM
At least the intro to the video shows us how Lore's hair got that way.

Doomie
12-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Yeah, bears with jetpacks are so cool

Druidyo
12-17-2009, 07:23 AM
I love going bear form with jet-packs.. hilarious, my whole raid was laughing on vent

Petninja
12-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Poor Raien...

Tijeras
12-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I pretty much have been saving the new instances for running with guildies / friends. I have mixed feelings about the new lfg. For the most part I love the instant queues on my Tankadin, I am running into more and more dps who will run ahead of me and try to pull the next group which really irks me. I pull fast as it is, 15-18min max heroics, so there is no need to run ahead. Case in point today a rogue ran ahead of me in the gauntlet on CoS. I let him faceplant because the healer drew agro trying to heal him. I am running into this more and more when running with "geared" players. My warrior is still in the process of gearing so I run into lesser geared players who actually seem to wait more. Not sure if it's a geared person difference or a perception difference, but I see this a lot more on my tankadin.

For my pure dps alts, I loathe the queue. 15 minutes waits to get a group and then as of recently longer wait time as plate wearers are queuing as tank with no gear hoping someone else with dual spec will tank. It gets really annoying when I am trying to farm badges for my warlock.

Asten
12-17-2009, 12:50 PM
We have lost more people from messing around pre-pull with jet packs than any of the boss encounters so many people falling off the edge lulz

LxDraco
12-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Been gone awhile, and i feel left out of the inside joke most probably know... what about the youtube video getting taken down, and what "naughty german engineering" hmmmm. I think after i spend hours redownloading patches and starting to play again things will interesting for awhile(after leaving 9 months ago). Warriors I know got a few things done when i read the patch just before I stopped playing(to do with rage gen while dodging and parrying) dunno whats changed other than that. Anyone want to PM me a list of new things since then off the top of your head. Would be most welcomed.

Abolita
12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for confirming my thoughts on GHeal :) In 5 mans though, I see it very useful on H HoR. Serendipity x3, plus the glyphed PoH is a pug saver. Other then that, it really needs some work.

Knighterrant81
12-18-2009, 06:29 AM
I think the spread of Holy Priest talents is becoming an issue. I'm not sure if you'd call the Holy tree "bloated" per se, but it can be hard to get all your talents working for you in one fight.

What I mean is that, sure, if you want the maximum effectiveness of gheal, you need to spend a lot of talent points that won't be used on any other spell, except in rare instances, but there are a lot of other talents that are there already or are heading that way. For most Priests, picking up Divine Fury and Improved healing means there's 8 talent points that will only be used when you actually cast greater heal (empowered healing also affects flash heal). For instance, I cast about as many Prayers of Healing currently as I cast greater heals. This means that my 3 talent points in serendipity see much less use than they got in Ulduar. Renew talents fall under the same category: you have to spend a lot of talent points that only get used by renew in order to maximize its effectiveness.

I think some of the problem is that there aren't many good choices to make in the first 4 tiers of Holy, but also that a lot of talents only apply to 1 or 2 spells. If those spells don't get used, you have a lot of wasted talent points. The early talents should apply to most or all of your healing spells, and you should only be forced to specialize towards one heal or the other once you get to deeper tiers.

As far as gheal goes, I like to keep Divine Fury, just for those times when I really *could* use just one or two gheals. Even if they're smaller and more expensive, it is still nice to have a big, fast heal in your pocket, ready to go just in case.

Lorelie
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
I have a question for Lore, in encounters where less then the 3 tanks people usually bring in 25mans are required, do you get your spare tanks to jump into dps specs or do you sub them out for other people?

Kazeyonoma
12-18-2009, 05:32 PM
My guild has us off spec as dps, but we don't have a super deep roster, and we find that bringing in our tanks to pick up pieces of gear work out better for our specific raid needs.

Insahnity
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Bah. Lore needed to have a shot of blackened, smoking hair standing on end post electrocution.

Aliena, the "g" in Aegis is soft. Like "Aejis". Damned illogical English and its lack of respect for language rules.

But otherwise, great stuff!

Lachesis
12-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Please, for the love of god tell me there's a "post your bear with a jetpack" thread!

DXMage
12-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Overall Greater Heal is worthless.... however I do have my haste base up to 573. With it this high and with raid buffs Greater Heal is under 2 seconds to cast and with no buffs it is 2.13 seconds to cast. I get tremendous throughput on heals. This is particularly helpful when fighting Deathbringer Saurfang (http://www.tankspot.com/article.php?id=335311&title=Icecrown_Deathbringer_Saurfang) and you are using two priests for healing. As you are raid healing and tank healing on this fight now that you pretty much have to use two tanks (one to each healer) since it was patched. Obviously mana management is an issue aside from the normal mana regeneration spells like Hymn of Hope (and its timing issues) as well shadow fiend you might have to rely on a druid innervate to get your through it. This is one of those few cases where Greater Heal can be of use provided you know how to get the most from it.

Stormen
12-20-2009, 06:16 PM
hi tankspot .. i love your vids and so and i have a question..
Do you think like me?
Icc is way way to easy
its almost ridicules .
Ppl that cant clear toc 10 clear icc easyer hehe--
Peace out and Have a happy holliday

Wars
12-20-2009, 06:19 PM
hi tankspot .. i love your vids and so and i have a question..
Do you think like me?
Icc is way way to easy
its almost ridicules .
Ppl that cant clear toc 10 clear icc easyer hehe--
Peace out and Have a happy holliday

Personally I think ToC10 is harder.

ICC25 is much more logistically difficult, mostly just deathbringer saurfang.

Lachesis
12-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Honestly, it could stand to be tuned up a little. Marrowgar, Deathwhisper and the Gunship fight are good introductory encounters, but a difficult raid should have one loot pinata, not three at the start. I do like the hectic nature of the first phase of Deathwhisper, though- it's very fun to tank.

If i were to do the tuning, I'd up the spike and whirlwind damage on Marrowgar by maybe 10%. Probably add a second mob spawn in the back on deathwhisper P1, and increase the number and frequency of spirit spawns on phase two. I dunno what I'd do to Gunship, except require that you send at least five druids in bear form across.
DBS, I'd probably make each bloodbeast pack contain five after the 30% frenzy, instead of four. Either that or tighten the enrage by a minute.

Either way, darksend was right, thank god for this patch. So tired of ToC >.<

Casz
12-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Bluetracker where? :D

sellars88
02-19-2010, 03:18 AM
I know it is said that disc priests are tank and holy are raid healers and for good reason, but after seeing a holy/shadow DPS hybrid I started to wonder if it would be possible to run a holy/disc healer hybrid to allow a holy priest a little bit more tank healing. I will admit that after playing around with the talents it doesn't look hopeful, but I was wondering if there was anything that I had missed?

Lakshata
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
A lot of Holy's raid healing talents come in near the bottom of the tree (Improved Prayers & Circle of healing). As well as a lot of Disc's Tank healing abilities near the bottom (Devine Aegis, Pain Supression, PENANCE)

so I don't think it would end to well. Although I'm not much of a professional priest, since I don't even have one at 80.

Edit - Tried making a spec, just seems odd, and leans more towards disc anyways.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxcbuhhVRIccboZfv0ccMq