PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Going from tanking heroics to tanking ICC - need help

Jessenia
12-16-2009, 08:57 AM
So, my guild is soon to be losing one of our main tanks. We're a very small, tight-knit 10 man guild, and rather than recruiting a new tank from outside the guild, I've agreed to switch mains from my mage to my warrior, who had previously been relegated to doing heroics and the occasional alt run through a raid. Obviously, she isn't geared enough to take the hits in ICC10 yet, but I need some advice on what upgrades I should be looking for, what gems I should be putting in my gear, and what enchant do I put on my weapon. I will be doing TOC 10, heroics farming for badges, and maybe Uld10 and TOC 25.
Here's the armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hydraxis&cn=Jessenia)

Espillion
12-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Defence cap, then (effective) health and stamina, then hit and expertise if you're lacking.

That's the order of things you'll most likely want to gear for when making a tank.
Gems are up to you but majority either Stamina stack, Mitigation stack, or a mixture of both. High-ends usually do the last one with more emphasis on Stamina because of the rigorous damage they'll take.
Enchants, you'll want survivability AND threat generation (if you can). Reason I say threat gen is because "Armsman" enchant on gloves is a very useful one at that. Otherwise Stamina, mitigation and health overall is considered as viable enchants.

Weapon, there's many enchants but the majority would see Blade Ward as a universal useful enchant.

Jessenia
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you, Espillion, for the advice. I already have the armsman enchant, and am a little over the def cap. (541) For doing a mixture of both should I be gemming for sta/dodge or sta/parry or what?

I am torn between blade ward and blood draining.

Griff
12-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd suggest blood draining. I'm probably going to switch back myself - there seems to be much less insta-gib in ICC (with the first 4 bosses at least) making BD a more attractive option.

Get rid of those defense gems and enchant your chest for defense or 275 health (if you do that, you'll want to get the clutch of fortification with badges.) Gemming for socket bonuses is rarely worth it imho.

You've got low health for ICC and you might want to think about a new profession instead of skinning.