PDA

View Full Version : Warrior ICC Warrior Tank Help

joep180
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm working on getting geared/glyphed/speced right to progress farther into end game content. I main tank ToC 25 as well as Ony 25 (which I realize isn't difficult) so I know how to play my class, but I was looking to finalize some issues.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&n=Erode)

Gear-
I have pretty decent gear, but there are a few pieces I am trying to replace. Namely- bracers, cape, ring, gloves, belt, and legs. They aren't bad pieces but I am trying to get better. Maybe crafted items or a good place to pick up some replacements? Any gear that I should have vs. what I am using now? I have basically bought all the tank gear I could with Triumph emblems and I am working on saving frost.
Spec-
I am currently using the deep wounds spec, but in raids I am finding it easier to hold onto threat, so I'm not sure if it would be better to switch to something more suitable for taking large amounts of damage. I do not want to sacrifice threat though, because I would rather take more damage than lose aggro.
Threat-
Heroics are about the only place I find myself lacking in threat. On bosses and most mobs, I can handle it easily. But for casters and in Halls of Reflection, I am using my threat CD's way too soon. Any advice on how to maximize threat as well as reel in casters/ranged mobs would be great.
Stats-
I am lacking a bit in expertise, but I am working to either get more expertise gear or gem for it. As for hit, I think the hit cap is 6.5%? So I'm not sure if I should stay where I am with the 7% or drop some hit and pick up expertise.
Glyphs-
The glyphs I am using are more for threat, so if there is anything better that I should use, lemme know.
Professions-
Was told a combination of BS, JC, or Mining would be the best for a tank. Once I make some gold to support new professions I will start leveling, any suggestions?
Raid Mats/ Buff Food-
I bring flasks of stoneblood, the worm steaks for expertise and stamina, and the scrolls of stamina with me to raids. Are there any other consumables I should bring?
Gems/Enchants-
Once I get my gear where I want it, I am going to mainly go stam. gems, and health/armor enchants. Anything different I should do?

Well that about covers it. Any suggestions or things I missed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Erode
Alleria

Griff
12-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Gear - stop gemming for defense. Stam is a good choice for gear.

Stats - you are low in expertise, you are well stocked with hit so I'd swap those hit gems. You can find a lot of expertise itemization gear n the ToC content to settle your expertise issues.

Glyphs=fine.

Professions - BS/JC BS/Mining are good for stam. Engineering has some interesting enchants and the shoulder enchants from inscription are nice but you can't go wrong with BS/Mining/JC

Raid Mats: Ironshield pots - you shouldn't need the scrolls thanks to your priest.

Gems/Enchants - stam/armor are good.