PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Need Fury advice...

Ohare
12-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Hello,

Been away from WOW for a bit. Just getting back into it and trying to get caught up.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anetheron&n=Ohare&ST=US-125179-fM0jzZ7AIbgs0TgA5PzevhIBhoB9EYMOb9F)

Looking at my toon, other than needing to improve my gear... What am i lacking? I have always been told to gem for str and that APR is not important. On the other hand I have been told the opposite.

I feel that my DPS sucks and i am not sure where to start to improve.

Thanks...

Ahuch
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
First few things I would suggest would be to get rid of some of that hit you have as you currently have way too much. You only need about 164ish hit rating as fury aslong as you have 3/3 in Precision.

Then I would also suggest getting more expertise, you need around 25-26 expertise so that you aren't getting many dodges or parries..

MellvarTank
12-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, your expertise is 4.... you need about 22 more to get to cap... that is a LONG way off. I would also drop your execute glyph for glyph of cleaving, drop heroic fury and drop booming voice. Put those 3 points into cleave. That should fix the spec and the glyphs.

Upgrades are definitely needed. You need to hunt down expertise rating tremendously, and unless your socket gives you 6-9 strength, ignore the bonus entirely. Re-enchant your bracers for expertise, put berserking on both your weapons and get your expertise to 26. Did I mention your expertise?

Oh yeah, wrong forum, Kaz is going to move it to the Halp! section.

Kazeyonoma
12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Indeed.

Moved!

Ohare
12-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have changed the glyph, respeced and changed a few gems and the bracer enchant. This did raise my DPS by a couple hundred.

Still only at 10 for expertise, hit is still way high. Mostly because of gear. What about my gems? Are they truly what I need or am I wasting a chance to gain more in another area.

Thanks for the advice,

Skyborn
12-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Well, the best in slot enchants for weapons is bersker on both. Obviously, that's really expensive 20 void crystals, 8 dream shards, 24 dust, and 8 essences IIRC. You may want to hold off until you get a better main hand (like the Tyrannical Beheader out of Pit of Saron). And, while you're at it run Forge of Souls for the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion to replace your Mirror.

Now that heroics drop emblems of Triumph you should get 4 pieces of T9 ASAP... starting with the legs which have a large chunk of expertise. Also, you should pick up Crimson Star, I think it's only 25 badges and will give you some expertise.

You just have a lot of heroic grinding to do, because there are PLENTY of badge gear upgrades out there for you.

As you pick up more expertise gear you can swap those expertise gems for strength, but in the meantime socket everything with +20 str unless there's a blue socket in your chest that gives a bonus of +6 str or more, then activate that with a nightmare's tear.

Ohare
12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Well, thanks for the help. I have been able to make some of the changes suggested and it has made a big difference.

Still working on getting my hit down... mostly gear related. Expertise is way up and near cap.

At this point, with the expertise under control and knowing my hit is still high, what should I focus on now? STR, APR or CRIT...

MellvarTank
12-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Strength.