PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Blood DK tanking in ICC (problems!)

rippk
12-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Ran into a little problem with ICC 10man last night. On the Saurfang fight, I was tanking with a druid ... and after taunting the boss to myself, he would often regain agro before his debuffs was gone (and before one was applied to me). He claimed to only be doing auto attack (though he likely was doing more, short of taunting -as he should be able to to max dps).

A look at my Damage log shows that my runestrike was dealing minimal damage and infrequent (sorry no link atm). In the damages meter it was 6th or 7th after frost fever. Normally 3rd or 4th ranked. With the -20% dodge debuff in ICC, it just wasn't getting activated as frequently (dodge was reduced to about 5%, while parry constant at about 20%)

What is the best way to remedy the situation? Is a respec to frost or unholy recommended? Should I stack more dodge (At the expense of HP)? Any talent/rotation changes (should i even bother with runestrike at all)? Different runeforge on weapon?
Armory link : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Fartoodeadly)

I've been holding onto my T8 2 piece for the extra 10% runestrike damage, but it seems to not be serving me well in ICC. the other 2 tier 9 pieces i could get (chest Koltira's Chestguard of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48558) and legs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48561 have more dodge and less parry, but otherwise not that different except for the CD bonus i would get. Survivability in 10man wasn't a problem, threat certainly was. Perhaps survivability more of an issue in 25 man when i get there though.

Also, i know my hit rating it's great (250) but it seemed like my plague strike was missing a lot, or the associated disease was not applied.

Any advice would be welcomed. As it stands i think the guild thinks i'm a shitty tank or something, and I'm not. Breeze through TOC and heroics.

vine
12-15-2009, 09:36 AM
You have plenty of +hit so swap out Dark Command Glyph for Rune Strike. Also 3/3 Might of Morgrain will boost your threat. Plague Strike it a physical attack, it's probably being parried due to your low expertise.

Do you have Rune Strike macrod to everything? And I do mean everything.

#showtooltip
/cast Death Strike
/cast !Rune Strike

#showtooltip
/cast Pestilence
/cast !Rune Strike

Vittorio
12-15-2009, 11:40 AM
You have plenty of +hit so swap out Dark Command Glyph for Rune Strike. Also 3/3 Might of Morgrain will boost your threat. Plague Strike it a physical attack, it's probably being parried due to your low expertise.

Do you have Rune Strike macrod to everything? And I do mean everything.

#showtooltip
/cast Death Strike
/cast !Rune Strike

#showtooltip
/cast Pestilence
/cast !Rune Strike

So each of those is the entire text you type into each of the two macros? Exactly as shown? Sweet. I've been wondering how to macro that forever!

vine
12-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Yep those are the entire macros. Make sure to include the ! before Rune Strike to prevent it being toggled off if you spam the button.

Ulosthegame
12-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Yep those are the entire macros. Make sure to include the ! before Rune Strike to prevent it being toggled off if you spam the button.

you can't toggle attacks anymore except with ESC. the ! is redundant.

though make sure you macro it to EVERYTHING( that you hit frequently). HS/Pest/DS/DC etc.