PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Can i haz raids?

bvan
12-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Maybe? Im a paly tank who has been farming the crap out of heroics, but i would like to raid some... maybe. Im pretty sure i would be okay for naxx, but say... VoA 10 or 25? before you ask, that chestpiece and back will be replaced soonish. :P heres my armory link

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&cn=Trillman&gn=Knights+of+Valour)

also, any recommendations that i could receive to make it easier/better for me to run said raids would be great ^_^

Harmacy
12-15-2009, 05:26 AM
What are you replacing the chest and back with?

I'd get rid of a few defense gems for more stamina since you're well over 540, but your gear looks good for a fresh 80. Get some cheap enchants (weapon chain on your sword, 45 stam/15 agi to legs for example) and you're good to go.

Your spec needs a little bit of work - it hits a lot of the key talents (1/2 Spiritual Attunement is all you need, you have Judgements of the Just and Vindication which are key, you also have Pursuit of Justice which is optional but extremely nice), but Crusade is a better threat talent than Seals of the Pure pretty much anywhere but Ulduar. I would respec to 53/18 - basically the same thing as your current spec, except taking the 4 points from SotP and moving them into 1/5 Conviction and 3/3 Crusade.

I think that with a few more upgrades, you could do VoA 10/25 no problem. As your armory currently stands your health pool might be an issue, but if you get a few new pieces from the new instances and enchanted your gear, you would be fine for not just VoA, but Ulduar 10/25 and probably 10 ToC normal (ToC normal is really, really easy).

bvan
12-15-2009, 05:34 AM
planning on getting the T9 conquest chestpiece (30 emblems to go) and
Eerie Runeblade Polisher - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49832) or Platinum Mesh Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40722) for a cloak, depending on my luck.

This isnt my main, im always grouping with uber tanks (that can handle my uber threat issues on mah mage) so "insecure" is a good way to look at it. i was told that it isnt bad to be over the cap, as more def adds avoidence, so i just kinda let it all stack for now. i have the +170 sta brewfest trinket that i use instead of the gossomers trinket when im not being really spikey with the dmg im taking. with that trinket, i think im at 31kish health (cant exactly remember >.<)

Harmacy
12-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Oh being over 540 is not bad at all, but nothing you want to stack intentionally. I can understand wanting to stay over it by a healthy amount as you're gearing up though, just in case your upgrade has less defense on it.

Brewfest trinket is better than gossamer, by a mile. The proc on gossamer is so weak and so rare that it's not even worth taking into consideration.

I wouldn't bother with emblems for the EoV cloak, there are better uses for those emblems. The other one you linked is pretty nice though, as is the t9 chestpiece - both are huge ups for you.

Keep farming those heroics, enchant your gear as you get it, and you'll be raid ready in no time