PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Need some gear advice

lethaias
12-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Lately I have been picking up some new gear and have noticed my defense is way high. People told me in the past diminishing returns is 561 I am at 569. Also i am having small problems with threat and having to pretty much use seal of wisdom and divine plea to keep my mana up. Just looking for some suggestions on how to improve enchants and what not. This is My armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Lethaias) also just bought the Honorbound helm it isn't on my armory atm.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Lethaias

Harmacy
12-15-2009, 02:05 AM
There is nothing wrong with being over 540 defense, however you do not want to stack it past that point as there are more important stats, namely stamina.

You should not be going OOM as a prot pally. In heroics you may have to drink between pulls, but in a raid setting it is damn near impossible for a prot pally to go OOM.

I would spec like this (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMobc). Seals of the Pure is inferior to Crusade as a threat talent (unless you're doing Ulduar, where most of the mobs don't meet the criteria for the full 6%), Vindication is a large amount of damage reduction, Pursuit of Justice is optional but very nice, and Divinity is not worth the points at all.

As far as gear goes, I would leave the Onyxia trinket in the bank unless you're building a block or avoidance set. Replace it with a stamina (or armor) trinket, like the Brewfest trinkets or Glyph of Indomitability.

What kind of threat problems are you having? Do you mean, sustained single-target threat, or is it a matter of DPS ripping stuff off you in the first few seconds?

lethaias
12-15-2009, 02:23 AM
the threat problem is mostly in the first few seconds but sometimes i have problems with dps pulling threat off me during the fights mostly on trash not really on bosses,

Harmacy
12-15-2009, 02:45 AM
For trash, you want to tab-target around and try to get your SoV stacks up as quickly as possible. Between your hammer cleave, consecrate, and SoV stacks, you should have few if any AoE tanking issues.

As far as DPS pulling off you in the first few seconds, tell them to slow down a bit - the frisbee is not a "now go LOLNUKE CRAZY" signal