PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior tank having issues in TOC/ new 5-man Heroic

Ytooj
12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums so go easy please :)

I am currently working on improving my Warrior tanking skills, but I've hit a roadblock and I am currently looking for some tips/advice. I just recently spec'd Prot, and I've heard Warriors are one of the harder classes to tank with, which I am realizing is true.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Tgibby)

There is my armory, If I need to link talents separetly, let me know.
I am looking for any kind of advice the forum is willing to give, as far what a proper tank rotation should be, talent spec, gem placement, etc. etc

Will be checking regularly, thank you !!

-Tgibby/Ytooj

Harmacy
12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not a warrior myself, so I'll stick to the non-class-specific stuff:

- Throw some cheap enchants on the shield and weapon (I presume you just got them). Weapon chain on the weapon will suffice as it's easily replaceable.

- Change out some of your defense enchants and gems for stamina or armor, as you're not having problems reaching 540.

- You need to switch out your trinkets for stamina. Dodge and parry are alright for certain fights, but the majority of them heavily favor stamina stacking. If you have Brewfest trinkets or the Black Heart, use them - even the blue JC trinket is still pretty nice.

- Use your JC gems.

Spec and glyphs look mostly OK to my non-warrior eyes, I think Incite is an important threat talent but you probably shouldn't take my word for it.

uglybbtoo
12-14-2009, 11:34 PM
As you have been told you are missing enchants on shield, weapon, back.

Chest should be 275HP since you are not having trouble with 540 def.

You have 3 x 51 stam gems to load up as you are a JC.

You might want to consider another glyph for the heroic strike one .. you surely cant be short of rage these days. Given you have already talented improved disciplines prob glyph your shield wall down to 2min CD.

After all the changes you should be approaching 38K unbuffed and looking pretty fine.

Demianu27
12-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Which parts of TOC and the new 5mans are you having trouble with?

My guess is you're having trouble with multiple mobs, and specifically the new HoR instance.

I won't go too much into HoR. Click here (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/59737-how-do-you-warrior-tanks-tank-hor-im-having-problems.html) for a thread with a lot of good info on tanking it.

Let us know what you specifically need help with and we'll do our best.

Fez
12-15-2009, 04:18 AM
I honestly think the other FoS and PoS are fine...like many tanks, HoR is a pain but i think that's because everyone is still stuck on the whole gathering em all up in a ball and go AoE crazy until the mobs are dead, rinse and repeat.

Me personally, i've found that with HoR it is good to go with people your comfortable with and that know their class. I don't use the LoS trick or anything special, we're all at the entrance and I tank the ghosts out in the open. With all the other players utilizing their CC on the ranged mobs until it's time to finally take out the ranged. This makes it easy on you, easy on the healer and gives players who are just used to their 1,2,3 rotation a chance to actually work as a team and not just go for highest dps in recount. Just my opinion though. But other than HoR, i think the rest are pretty straightforward and easy to hop into.