PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Trouble in ICC

Kerrath
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Lately my guild decided to give ICC 25 a try. I've been having a serious problem getting quickly gibbed into oblivion on everything short of trash.

I've asked for tips, but so far the only thing I've learned is that the only way I can manage is if there is currently an active CD up on me (vampiric blood or IBF)

Here's my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwater+Raiders&n=Kerrath)

Harmacy
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Your spec is missing Imp Icy Touch. 6% slow makes a big difference in the boss's auto-attack damage.

You also skipped Rune Tap and Improved Rune Tap. Self-healing is one of the key parts of Blood tanking, and being able to heal yourself for 20% of your health instantly (off the global cooldown) is huge. Definitely worth the talent points.

Strangest of all is the lack of the Vampiric Blood glyph. An extra 5 seconds on your most potent cooldown is nothing to overlook.

Dodge is an underwhelming stat against most bosses, but Eitrigg's Oath has the double whammy also giving you a totally useless cooldown (it takes way too long to stack up). Ditch it for a stamina trinket.

Other than that, gear looks good. You're stacking as much stamina with gems as possible, which is great.

You also need to level up some professions for the profession bonuses, but I'm sure you're aware of this.

Kerrath
12-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Your spec is missing Imp Icy Touch. 6% slow makes a big difference in the boss's auto-attack damage.

You also skipped Rune Tap and Improved Rune Tap. Self-healing is one of the key parts of Blood tanking, and being able to heal yourself for 20% of your health instantly (off the global cooldown) is huge. Definitely worth the talent points.

Strangest of all is the lack of the Vampiric Blood glyph. An extra 5 seconds on your most potent cooldown is nothing to overlook.

Dodge is an underwhelming stat against most bosses, but Eitrigg's Oath has the double whammy also giving you a totally useless cooldown (it takes way too long to stack up). Ditch it for a stamina trinket.

Other than that, gear looks good. You're stacking as much stamina with gems as possible, which is great.

You also need to level up some professions for the profession bonuses, but I'm sure you're aware of this.
I also have the black heart as a replacement over Eitrigg's Oath. I wasn't aware that Rune Tap was off the GCD, though.

It's justs weird, because I also have a paladin whom has absolutely no problem tanking this whatsoever. I didn't even know that the tanks took significant damage at all until I tried it on my DK.

Harmacy
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Is your paladin better geared than your DK? Because while prot pallies are somewhat OP (Ardent Defender, anyone?), the class disparity is not that big of a deal.

Kerrath
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Is your paladin better geared than your DK? Because while prot pallies are somewhat OP (Ardent Defender, anyone?), the class disparity is not that big of a deal.
42k unbuffed vs 38k unbuffed if both use dual brewfest trinkets, so yes.

Still, though.

vine
12-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Level your professions, stop being so lazy!