PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight How much more gear should I get before ICC10?

Blayd
12-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Tried it the other night and soaking up saber lash hurts =[ although I've gotten a couple of upgrades since then, so I dunno how much further I need to go.

Harmacy
12-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Your gear, enchants, and gems all look fine. Personally I hate the Onyxia polearms for DK's as they're so fast, but Blood naturally puts out so much threat that the fast attack speed isn't really noticeable I imagine. I'd also replace the Essence with Glyph of Indomitability if you have it, as armor helps quite a bit against Marrowgar.

But I notice in your spec that you don't use Rune Tap. It's a very potent self-heal when, if used wisely, can and will save your ass. I'd take some points out of filler talents like Sudden Doom or Subversion for 4 points in Rune Tap/Imp Rune Tap. (just remember, the Rune Tap glyph sucks)

But really, I see nothing particularly wrong with your gear and spec that would cause you to get hit like a truck. Maybe you weren't popping your cooldowns right, maybe the other tank wasn't standing close enough, maybe the healers failed, there are a lot of possibilities as to why that raid didn't down Marrowgar. But I don't think that your gear is one of them.

Espillion
12-13-2009, 08:57 PM
You'll probably need to run more stamina. And the healers need to be on their game with constant healing as the damage will chip away at least 30% health per slash.

sillypuddy
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
so how much unbuffed hp should a DK have

aderalia
12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
For 10 man? 38k or so would be fine. If you're smart nothing in 10 man hits hard enough to kill you in less then 3 seconds.