PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Will blood give me more survivability then frost?

Grävmaskinen
12-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm just gonna throw a fast question out there.
i have some small problems with people saying that i, in my frost specc, take alot of damage, i've even had to explain like a 100 times that i actually ARE def-capped...
now i'm considiring going down into a "one-dps, one-tank" dualspec, and im thinking if blood would give me more surviability?

Armory; http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Gr%C3%A4vmaskinen
(PS; i know that bout specs are messed up, i've built them with the little knowledge i had back in 3.0...)

EDIT: Tryed to fix the link

Wars
12-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I would say try it. Though as blood, you WILL take more overall damage than as frost.

Armory is giving me an unavailable message. Though I will say that Frost is your best bet. If people want to see you go blood, and you think it might help ease their minds, go for it. At least try it. I think Frost is your best bet, though I don't run with your healers so I can't say whether they're pulling their weight or not.

Harmacy
12-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Frost gets 3% avoidance (nice for heroics and add tanking, somewhat negligible for MTing raids) and 2% reduced damage across the board (very nice).

Blood gets an extra 3% stamina and a lot of self-healing via Rune Tap and Death Strike, as well as a superior cooldown in Vampiric Blood. You will definitely take more damage than if you were Frost, but if you know how to time your self-heals, Blood will probably net you more survivability (on raid bosses). That takes a lot of practice and a lot of familiarity with the fights, though.

I would try out Blood and see which playstyle you like best, Frost or Blood is more about personal preference than anything.

edit: Is your secondary spec the Blood spec you would be using? You're missing major threat talents in 2h spec, Bloody Strikes, Bloody Vengeance, and Abomination's Might. Bloodworms and Improved Blood Presence return a negligible amount of health, Butchery is pretty much worthless (it's only filler for DPS, not worth it for a tank at all), and I would argue that, as mediocre as Will of the Necropolis is, the fact that it's the only mitigation talent deep in the blood tree makes it a must-have. (many disagree on that last point though)

Vendetta is worthless to a tank, for what should be obvious reasons. Spell Deflection is very poor as well (low proc rate, only mitigates 45% damage, only affects single-target spells).

Also, while Rune Tap and Imp Rune Tap are great, the glyph is not. Replace it with Vampiric Blood - the extra 5 seconds is a pretty big deal.

I know you said that you kind of facerolled your spec, not picking on you I just want to help you fix it.

Grävmaskinen
12-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Yea, the blood specc is very Facerolled, Created when i had about 10 Grp-quests in icecrown that needed to be soloed, its not really built for tanking OR dpsing, just to complete the quests ^^'

and the frost spec have some miss-placed points too, that is why I'm doing a complete respecc, but before i do that, i want to make up my mind...

thanks for the response, will respecc and try some HCs tonight, keeping the Frost as backup if i fail miserably... Found some posts with bloodtanking specs, gonna follow them.