PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Blood dps

svedkawow
12-13-2009, 09:04 AM
i am having lots of problems maximizing my dps i am only pulling 2800 dps unbuffed on the heroic practice dummy in iron forge. i want to see my dps at 4k please help me i am desperate for your input and help.

grear link
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shu'halo&cn=Svedka&gn=Khaos+United)

talents and glyphs

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Shu'halo&cn=Svedka&gn=Khaos+United)

Hatchetman240
12-14-2009, 07:34 AM
The practice dummy gives really bad results, this is why people only use to to work on rotation and not for DPS results. Heck it shows my unholy DPS at like 3500 but in the real world I pull roughly 7.5k on ony and 16k on the whelps.

What rotation are you using?

If I can pick you apart for a moment:

Your trinket is aweful for DPS (the brewfest one). Get a DPS trinket, ANYTHING is better than that. Regem to all strength and hit, use str/crit gems in yellow slots of the bonus is good enough (like in the helm). Never use a 20 crit gem since 10str/10crit is worth more. Either change your meta to the 21agility 3% crit one and use a nightmare tear to activate or keep what you have and activate with a nightmare tear and a 10str/15stam gem. Your necklace also needs to go.

Your point in VB could be in improved blood presence instead, this would make you a tad easier for your healers to keep up (5% bonus healing) and give you one fewer CD to manage. Moving one point off epidemic and into blood caked blade will net you a little more DPS.

Glyph for disease, deathstrike and dancing rune weapon. You should be dropping your DRW as often as possible and it is a good portion of your DPS. The key to good blood DPS is using that as often and wisely as possible, try to time it when your AP is at it's highest but don't delay it too long waiting on those procs. Glyph of disease will do the same thing for you, if you have an addon that tracks your AP you can refresh a few seconds early if needed and carry a higher DPS disease for the next rotation AND save yourself the unholy and frost runes you would have blown, which earns you a nice fat deathstrike later in your rotation.

You can also begin opening your rotation with a death strike just to proc abominations might and have that first disease cycle squeeze more DPS but it will only make a difference in really short fights as you will proc it in a normal rotation anyway.

Your spec isn't bad, but your rotation might be and your gemming is definitely a problem.

Rominoodle
12-14-2009, 01:45 PM
In regard to the above post, I wasn't aware DRW counted towards your dps, I thought it was it's own little dpser like a pet...at least on my recount it is. I think the problem isn't 100% with your gear, but moreso your rotation as far as what you are doing. You are way better geared then my DK and i put out 2800 dps. I agree with hatchetman though, dump the brewfest trinket...pickup a darkmoon card: berserker, or the mirror of truth even. Pair that with a Berserker enchant on your weapon, and you'll be having procs upwards to + 2600 AP. My personal rotation I am sure needs big time help, but I don't so much use diseases as my DPS, i just death strike twice, giving me 4 death runes and heart strike till death, or until i need more death runes. My DK is only an ALT so i don't know a whole lot about him...but I can tell you that as geared as you are, you should be doing much more dps then you are.