PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Blood DK tanking. threat issues.

Sunshinecow
12-13-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm currently an OT in my guild for icc10/25.
and anytime they have me MT a boss i find myself lacking threat. rotation to start is generally,

IT,PS,DS,HS,HS,DCx2, HSx4. DS, DS, RM, HSx4.
i have rune strike macro'd to my HS so i use it every time its up.
i usually sit around 6k tps but i find mages/hunters/warlocks riding me pretty hard the entire fight often passing me and i have to ask them to feign or block.

i dont see what else i could be doing to improve threat.
this spec might still be for black ice [was testing it for threat]
normally i go deep into unholy for blood caked.

also im not in my tank gear. im hit capped/exp capped. 40k hp.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Sunshinecow)

Harmacy
12-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Necrosis and Blood-Caked Blade are no match for Blood Gorged. Even if you're sitting below 75% much of the time (which if you're MTing and have healers devoted to you, will not be the majority of the time), 10% armor pen is quite a bit of threat. It certainly makes up for some weak buffs to your auto-attacks.

Also, glyph of Icy Touch is kinda useless single-target - your diseases do a tiny bit of damage to the boss, they're mainly just to buff your Heart Strike and make your Death Strike heal you. Get the Rune Strike glyph instead, the extra crit on your main threat generator will help quite a bit.

Sunshinecow
12-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Necrosis and Blood-Caked Blade are no match for Blood Gorged. Even if you're sitting below 75% much of the time (which if you're MTing and have healers devoted to you, will not be the majority of the time), 10% armor pen is quite a bit of threat. It certainly makes up for some weak buffs to your auto-attacks.

Also, glyph of Icy Touch is kinda useless single-target - your diseases do a tiny bit of damage to the boss, they're mainly just to buff your Heart Strike and make your Death Strike heal you. Get the Rune Strike glyph instead, the extra crit on your main threat generator will help quite a bit.

yeah the glyph of icy touch was up there to test frost tanking and for black ice threat. ill go ahead and give blood gorged a try, ive never used it before for exactly the reasons you list. dk's are squishy and dont sit at above 75% but the arp might be nice.