PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Need advice for Warrior Tank.

Zebadiah
12-13-2009, 04:38 AM
Dear Tankspot!

I just resumed playing from a 4 month break.
And i kinda lost my tanking knowledge with new patch and new gear etc etc (in the way of gearing/speccing/glyphing.

So i was wondering if any of you could just make a breif check if im doing my thing correct? Armory Link - The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&n=Zebadiah)

I know im abit over cappen in defense rating. But cant seem to find a good way to lower it and getting something else in return.

And im wondering about expertise... Alot of the new items doesnt have any kind of expertise, besides 1 of the T9 parts. Is Expertise overrated nowadays? or still important?

Anyways, if you could tell me if im doing anything wrong / What could be better, i would be flattered.

Best Regards
Zebadiah - EU Karazhan

Harmacy
12-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Your gear is pretty damn good for someone who hasn't played in a while. I would replace the Signet of the Earthshaker for your MT or regular set, as block rating is nigh useless in most raid setting unless you're tanking adds, but it's not crucial by any means.

I'd also replace the enchant on your shield with +18 stamina, and cloak enchant with +22 agility or +225 armor, but these are relatively minor, and you can skip them if you want until you get something nicer.

Expertise is not useless, in fact it's far from it. I'm not a warrior myself, but my understanding is that it's much more useful for a warrior than, say, a paladin (my tank class). And expertise is a very nice threat stat for paladins.

I'm not qualified enough to comment on your spec.

Zebadiah
12-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Harmacy thanks for feedback.
Any suggestions for a new ring? And should i get the rest of the T9 parts? Got enough triumph badges for it.
Or should i spend it on Gun/thrown ?

Zebadiah
12-13-2009, 05:50 AM
I was thinking maybe "Clutch of Fortification" . 35 Badges of Triumph..?

Aggathon
12-13-2009, 08:22 AM
I was thinking maybe "Clutch of Fortification" . 35 Badges of Triumph..?

Very worth it. Clutch of Fortification is even better than the H-258 ring off of anub arak (Band of the Traitor King) for raw physical fights. It is close enough though that if there's any magic or not mitigatible part of a fight that you might have to worry about the heroic band of the traitor king is better, but the point is Clutch of Fortification is amazing.

krc
12-13-2009, 08:39 AM
The Signet of the Traitor King has an extra 32 stamina if you gem it with a 30 stamina gem. Using a rough N-EH calculation with the thing that kills you is 100% mitigable the Cluth's armor is worth about 17 stamina worth of EH more than the 258 one, if the burst is 90% mitigable the Cluth's armor is worth about 10 stamina more in terms of EH, at 80% mitigable the Cluth's armor is worth about 5 more stamina, at 70% mitigable they become equal.