PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Need some warrior tank help

Bigzoman18
12-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Recently ive been through ICC and ive just been getting rocked by the mobs and especially lord marrowgar. Ive been Spliting the damage with my paladin tank friend and that saber lash hits me me for like 11 to 16k. Is it my gear or something im doing to make me get hit hard to this extent. Someone please help me out.

Here is my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Bigzo)

Reev
12-12-2009, 05:21 PM
That sounds like a healing issue to me. 11-16k damage per swing isn't a huge amount of damage. Are you dying on 10 or 25 man? How many healers are you using? If on 10 man, do you shield wall when a healer gets spiked? Are your dps taking a ton of damage and distracting the healers' attention from you? Are you using armor potions? There are a lot of variables that can cause your death, so we need more information to help.

Bigzoman18
12-13-2009, 12:29 PM
1. Its 10 man version
2. I havent considered useing armor potions.
3. I think healers have been getting spiked and fire damage is a issue during whirlwind phase

Reev
12-13-2009, 12:41 PM
OK, so things to consider are these:

1. Use armor potions. 1 just before you start the pull, and one when that one wears out. That gives you a full 4 minutes of extra armor, and on a full physical damage fight like this, that's like the equivalent of giving yourself an extra 250 stamina at any given moment. 2 Icethorn per pot isn't much to pay, and it's worth it.\

2. Consider bringing 3 healers. On this fight, if one of the healers is spiked, it can be difficult for the other healer to keep up, especially if that other healer isn't a paladin. If you have 3 healers, it makes it vastly easier to keep everyone alive.

3. Consider your positioning strategy in regards to your raid makeup. If you're very melee heavy, consider keeping everyone close to the boss (not in saberlash) so that it's easy for the melee to switch targets and take down the impales quickly. The shorter the time people, and especially the healers, are impaled, the more time they have to concentrate on you, the tanks. Some strategies say for a melee heavy group to have the healers stand with the melee inside the boss's hit box where you can't be hit by the fire, and where the spikes will be right amongst the melee.

4. As for fire damage, there's nothing you can do except explain to people they need to stay out of the fire. It comes out of him at predictable times in predictable patterns of "X" shapes. Just get your raid to practice not being burned.

Good luck!

Bigzoman18
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
By any chance could u take another look at my gear. My guild healers are constantly complaining that i get hit to hard and its getting kind of annoying. If u can check it out and suggest anything or look at my stats that be great. Just wanna find out if it is me or just the healers.