PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Tanking Trinkets , and getting ready for ICC

ncolyer
12-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone

I'm wondering if someone can advise me on my best choice of trinkets.

My armory link is: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Tiraya)

I currently own

Essence of Gossamer

Bitter Balebrew Charm

and I currently have equipped

The Black Heart
Fervor of the Frostborn

I'm about to start ICC tomorrow. I managed to pick up a new shield and new chest from 5 mans which is great, but i'm stuck on what to do on trinkets and where to spend Triumph badges.

Are my current trinkets the best option? Should I buy the one from the Triumph vendor, or should I instead start investing in some Tier 9?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Harmacy
12-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Fervor of the Frostborn is crap, unfortunately. I would use a Brewfest trinket instead, maybe farm Glyph of Indomitability for fights that are primarily physical damage.

You also are way over the defense minimum. I understand wanting to stay a few points above it for new upgrades (especially the shield, the titansteel shield wall is high on defense), but 560 is a little excessive - lose some of the defense enchants for stamina and armor.

After getting the Glyph, I'd go after the ranged weapon - you might lose some stamina, but you'll gain a lot of strength and dodge, which I feel is a nice tradeoff.

ncolyer
12-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Ah check my armory again, must not have been updated. (updated now: 3:22pm CST)

I'm not too worried being over defense by 10 or so, it gives dodge/parry/block still right? so doesn't hurt?

I think I'm going to get the Glyph of Indomitability

Sounds like it gives a ton of effective health and useful for the first boss in ICC?

Harmacy
12-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Ah check my armory again, must not have been updated.

I had already changed the shield.

I'm not too worried being over defense by 10 or so, it gives dodge/parry/block still right? so doesn't hurt?

I think I'm going to get the Glyph of Indomitability

Sounds like it gives a ton of effective health and useful for the first boss in ICC?

I haven't tanked ICC yet, but I hear that armor is a fantastic stat on the first boss yes. I love my Glyph a lot, I use it at least 2/3 of the time.

While being over the defense minimum is not BAD, it would be better to replace those gems and enchants for more stamina and armor. Stamina and armor are both better stats than avoidance in most circumstances.