PDA

View Full Version : Druid Some help

Kelders
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone, I am a feral druid, which tanks, and tonight for the very first time, I am going to tank Malygos as the main tank. I have watched the video done by Tankspot, but am still not really clear on what to do as the tank for this fight. I am decently geared The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anetheron&cn=Keldy&gn=Gods+of+Chaos) is my direct link to my Wow armory page even though it wont let you see my tank gear :mad:.
I do not wanna be all confused when going into this fight, and cause alot of wipe's, can I have some help please and thank you

i forgot to add this link here

http://www.wow-heroes.com/

its like wow armory but better
all you gotta do is select location, type server name, and type character name as well. this will allow you to see both specs with its armor for both specs.

Insahnity
12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Man, I wish I had your gear when i tanked Maly. Of course that was when Naxrammas 25 was a challenge based on available gear.

Without seeing your tank gear, I can't say how it will go, but even 22k in caster form is decent for malygos 10.

There's not much to it

P1 - Standard tanking rules
-Grab tank ASAP
-Keep his nose pointed away from the raid
-Unless there is a very good reason, you probably don't need to move him. For this fight, keeping a constant position will help those who grab the sparks to guide it into optimal position. Moving Maly around may screw this up.
-Make sure people don't stand beside you, Malygos cleaves.

P2 - Here's where it is different
-Grab whatever adds are down
-Always ensure you are inside of a bubble. As soon as a new bubble spawns, head for it, provided it won't result in you getting nuked while you are between bubbles.
-If your DPS is competent, P2 will be short.

P3 - Doesn't matter if you are a tank or not, it is role independant.
Just don't fail at the key points:
-Assign a person who has done this before to "Lead", and /follow them. In fact, you can take your hands off the movement keys if they are competent, as they will automatically move when needed and those who are /follow ing them will also automatically move.
-work on the attacks to ensure your stacking debuff does not fall off malygos. I believe it is 3 combo points, then finishing move. Rinse and repeat.
-If he targets you, and you WILL see this in big letters, hit your shield instead of your finishing move nuke.

Kelders
12-14-2009, 08:56 PM
ty for the info, we tried maly and got to phase 3 no prob with atleast 4 mins left on enrage and the drakes messed us up big time lol.