PDA

View Full Version : Tanking OMG, I'm too squishy!

Bruize
12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Lately, I've been noticing a disturbing trend when tanking 25man Normal and Heroic content (ToC and ICC). My guild usually runs with a Paladin (or two) a Warrior, and a Bear (usually myself, I hope). It seems that lately, the paladins far surpass both my threat and survivability and I think it could come down to just a few gear and gem changes (or so I hope).

My bear is listed in the character drop down as Bruizetta.

The majority of my gear is from ToC25 Normal with only a few holdovers from Ulduar (A backup stam trinket, a ring and my belt). The trinkets I've been using are Death's Choice and Juggernaut's Vitality with Heart of Iron and a Greatness card as backups. Most of my gems are shifting dreadstones. I plan to swap out that helm as soon as I get another 25man Trophy or a leather helm drop from ICC.

Any advice on how to shake things up?

(Set to the right gear set.)

Bruize
12-13-2009, 11:15 AM
No suggestions?

Just go the 25man ICC chest to drop...but it has hit too. :(

aderalia
12-13-2009, 11:26 AM
The only reply I can give is maybe you're not making use of all your class cool downs effectively? Our bear tank seems to do just fine and although he out gears you the rest seems to look fine.

Martie
12-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Don't know much about druids, so I can't help you with spec/gear, but using the right strategy makes a world of difference in ICC, so maybe that's something you should look at.
Even for trash, having some marks and people focusing a bit matters.