PDA

View Full Version : Will gearscore ruin wow more now its so easy to gear

woodyman
12-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Apart from the fact that people will probably ask for 2500 wow heroes gearscore just for old hc's.

Do you think now that its so easy to pug an get embs fast that the gearscore issue is gonna get even worse.

i mean ive got some 226 gloves sittin in my bag but my 219's have hit and expertise which i need so id rather lose the gearscore an keep imba

if my server gets anymore gearscore orientated id probably explode tbh hehe

Andronikus
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
If gear score is not used what do you use in a pug happy wow of 2009?

I don't check GS or acchys when building a pug. i am a firm believer that if everybody follows the tactics and does their job then the boss goes down and we all get our loot... but last 2 weeks of ony 25 pugs the OEB wanted by our guild's best DK ( he done 12k DPS this week... i know whelps... but nobody else was above 6k...) it was rolled for and won by the lowest DPS. They had gearscores in the high 2k with DPS below 2k... both times.

How do you build a 'fair' pug without using gear score/acchys?

What are 'fair' loot rules?

What is the fastest land mammal?

I am betting the only answer ALL will agree on will be to the third question :P

Zyffyr
12-09-2009, 03:39 PM
What is the fastest land mammal?

I am betting the only answer ALL will agree on will be to the third question :P

Burst speed or sustained?

vine
12-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Yay! Another gearscore thread!

woodyman
12-10-2009, 04:40 AM
true ultimatly ive seen some bad fail pugs not using GS and having people doing 1500 DPS so i guess at least if people have the gear there is a vague chance that they r going to be hittin the numbers or actually know what they are doing.

i prefer it when people ask me what my average dps is or what my avoidance or unbuffed HP is but then i guess thats a little more involved and its a lot easier to spam trade with GS requirements

Martial
12-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Word: Gearscore
Proun: Gé ah-sca-or
Def: A nice fyi system corrupted and now used by some with no skill to feel better about themselves

Up until recently i pugged Ony25 with a T7 helm. Gearscore is like recount, a good fyi but thats it. Pugs are pugs - they can be all geared great but if a T10 geared uber-warrior gets behind onyxia they'll still be thrown into the whelp eggs and create problems (just geared better to deal with the resulting damage).

Fastest land mammal? A monkey with rocket propelled rollerskates ofc duuh