PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy?

Prancy
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
For trying to organize/lead a 25 ICC PuG the first week its out having absolutely no experience with the encounters? (except whatever I can find out from our 10 man on wedsday)

Penlowe
12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Depends.
How much raid leading experience do you have?
How much new content have you tried without videos/ guides/ good conversations with people that have already done it?
How successful have previous PUG runs you led been?
If you organize PUG raids frequently:
Do you get sorta the same kinds of people each time? (same guilds, same independent players)
Do you have your loot and raid rules speech down to a quick & concise banter and enforce said rules firmly and fairly?

The more detailed answers and yeses to the above, the less likely I'd be to put you in the 'crazy' column.
were you the one I pointed towards the Small Guild Alliance? Might want to google it, it exists on several servers and has been around since vanilla, starting on Perenolde & growing from there.

Prancy
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Depends.
How much raid leading experience do you have?
How much new content have you tried without videos/ guides/ good conversations with people that have already done it?
How successful have previous PUG runs you led been?
If you organize PUG raids frequently:
Do you get sorta the same kinds of people each time? (same guilds, same independent players)
Do you have your loot and raid rules speech down to a quick & concise banter and enforce said rules firmly and fairly?

The more detailed answers and yeses to the above, the less likely I'd be to put you in the 'crazy' column.
were you the one I pointed towards the Small Guild Alliance? Might want to google it, it exists on several servers and has been around since vanilla, starting on Perenolde & growing from there.

Personally I've been leading pugs since I got to 80 and more recently been leading more organized runs, so i think thats a check mark there.

Haven't got too much experience with new content but I don't feel too daunted by the idea. Plus I'll most likely be looking up some stuff before hand.

All the ToC PuG's I've led and took part in have been successful, 10 weeks and counting.

We've got some pretty regular players and the loot situation got sorted out early and is well understood now.

Sounds like there is a bit of hope at least. We'll see how it goes.

Dragonpally
12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Lucky you I can't get in a pugged 10 man toc to make it all the way on my tank that is. My dps shaman and its one time no wipes. -.- Nah you're not crazy its like anything else you have to learn somehow everyone does only way to do it is hands on (dont get me wrong reading up on it will help you a great deal even talking about it will but til you have done it and all that jazz.) So as they say pugs are easy to replace so you'll never fall short. Enjoy and good luck.

Prancy
12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Posting as a followup. My PuG group 1 shotted marrowgarr and then spent a good hour and a half progressing on deathwisper. Needless to say i'm extremely happy with this result.

So ya, its doable apparently :)

Penlowe
12-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Grats!
Did you look into SGA? or are you just winging it?

Prancy
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
You're really pushing the SGA thing aren't ya? ;p

Its certainly a possibility and I'll bring it up with my officers see if they like the idea. Currently the plan of action is to keep running 25 pugs and gradually acquiring good players to the guild, or continue running with the same quality pugs. Not sure if theres enough 'small guilds' to really make it work on terokkar. To be honest, we get most of our good pugs from one or 2 of the big progression guilds on the server, people bringing their alts or mains if they missed the guild raid.

Penlowe
12-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Well, not so much in the sense of 'you need to be SGA' but in the sense that they have been around for 4+ years and pretty much worked through every possible situation one can have when PUGing. Why re-invent the wheel?

Strit
12-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Sorry to be a nitwit... But what is SGA?

Penlowe
12-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Small Guild Alliance. Started on Perenold back in vanilla and spread to a number of other servers. Googling will get you 6 or 7 different website listings :)