PDA

View Full Version : Tanking What should i do?

blayian
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Let me explain. i was a reasonably well geared tank pre totgc i had ulduar 25 HM gear and one day my account was taken back by its original owner. So after that i got MY original vanilla wow account back and im leveling 1-80 again but my question is how hard do you think it will be to get back into a guild of the caliber i was in? with no proof of what ive done no acheivs (im on a different server now).

makkaveli
12-09-2009, 04:52 AM
tbh mate thats life. thats what happens when u play on an account thats not yours. but anyway i wont go into that.

I would say just work hard and start from the bottem. and tank ur way through pugs and collect as many acheivements as possible. u could also join a regular raiding guild where u dont need every damn achievement in the world to join. (personally id never join a guild like that i dont see the point as theres no progression its just grinding gear)

Xianth
12-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Nobody will believe you.

You're just gonna have to work on getting a reputation as a good player again.

The better you are and the bigger ther server, the easier it will be.

drae
12-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Your experienced. Good players don't need lolachievements to tell if your decent or not.

Realistically I would grind the hell out of heroics. Grind the triumph badges for a full 232 / 245 tank kit, and the black heart. Then you'll be in prime shape to move into ICC heroics / 10m.

A good weekend can snag you 75 badges easy. Plus if your doing the dailies, thats some serious emblems of frost.

Rominoodle
12-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Your experienced. Good players don't need lolachievements to tell if your decent or not.

Realistically I would grind the hell out of heroics. Grind the triumph badges for a full 232 / 245 tank kit, and the black heart. Then you'll be in prime shape to move into ICC heroics / 10m.

A good weekend can snag you 75 badges easy. Plus if your doing the dailies, thats some serious emblems of frost.

100% agree. Now with Triumph Badges dropping you will gear up so fast it's not even funny. Frost badges will come a little slower but like he said, do the dailies each day and you will be set. As far as hopping back into a progression raiding guild, those are hard to come by without knowing somebody on the inside and you'll just have to bust ass to show that you ARE experienced.