PDA

View Full Version : Tanking twins question

TeddyTauren
12-08-2009, 03:54 AM
in a heroic ToC 10 and/or 25 how many special abilities do the twin val'kyr do before the enrage? or how many before theyre usually dead at least

Martie
12-08-2009, 04:00 AM
In heroic 10man, we usually have them do three or four abilities - I've never seen them enrage.

In heroic 25man, we have them at five abilities, and I've never seen them enrage either.

The problem with the enrage timer for the fight is that there's basically a sort of built-in soft enrage with all the abilities that have wiping potential.

TeddyTauren
12-08-2009, 04:01 AM
right im about to set up a nice chain of cooldowns. it'll probably be difficult because i wont know which tank is going to need to use it when.

TeddyTauren
12-08-2009, 04:05 AM
this was a dumb question. i deleted it

Biigfoot
12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
right im about to set up a nice chain of cooldowns. it'll probably be difficult because i wont know which tank is going to need to use it when.

There really is no need to chain cooldowns on Twins.

On H25 Twins the only time I ever use a cooldown is when they do the opposite color vortex. Same color vortex and both shields don't really require cooldowns.

To answer your original question my guild usually goes through 5 special abilities but it has occasionally been very close to only seeing 4. I'd expect once the Icecrown gear gets accumulated most guilds will go through 4.

Basically as far as the cooldowns go with each tank, just have them pop their own cooldowns or use an outside cooldown (which I doubt you'll need) whenever the twin they are tanking uses vortex. Other than that you don't really need to pop them unless you see a lot of opposite colored orbs coming your way. 1-3 orbs on a tank shouldn't be a big deal with good healers but if you see like 4 or 5 coming then I'd pop something.