PDA

View Full Version : Druid How can I get a raid spot without guild hopping

Wyld
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I've done heroics till I barfed and kept doing more. I've even done Occy for Pete's sake...how desperate am I for badges?!?! Problem is my guild doesn't have the people to do raids. And I can't get into pugs to save my life. I'm feral cat mid 3k dps in heroics, higher in raids obviously. The few pugs that i've managed to squeak into failed miserably, as far too many pugs do. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get into a raid spot without having to leave the awesome (but sparse) guildees that I have?? I'd be ok with tanking instead, but as discussed in other threads, you have to be overgeared for a pug to take you as a tank, which means that I need raid upgrades before I'd be able to get into a pug raid. See my dilema?? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. :)

Silentslayer
12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Have you talked with your guildies about recruiting towards a 10 man raid team?

I believe shortly PUG'ing Raids will get a lot easier with 3.3 due out any day. Maybe wait and see what the new LFG system will do for you.

If the new LFG does not do it for you then get a few people who want to raid and form a group, advertise for the open slots and get to it.

Fledern
12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Take the reins. Start organizing your own raids. Prefer guildies first, then start filling in with pugs. As you start seeing good raiders like yourself in your pugs, start asking them to join your guild

If your guild leadership wont let you do that, then i'm afraid you need to hop.

AxLxExX
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Your guild doesn't raid, but you want to raid. You have 2 options:
1. Be the guild's raid leader, start your own guild raids and progress like that
2. Leave and join a guild that already raids.

I'd choose option 2 considering your guild already doesn't raid, and typically it's hard to get a non-raiding guild to start.

Hades
12-08-2009, 02:33 AM
In reference to Alex's last line, I completely agree to the point that my experience with that contradicted his first offered option. However, he neglected option three. Start your own guild with the expressed intent of running 10/25 man content. Option 4 is to raid lead the pugs. Start the group yourself, provided you know what you're doing, and can be assertive. Forgive the non-pcness of this statement, but often pugs are like playing "Pin the tail on the retard" and everyone thinks they need 9 to 24 tails. With an effective lead, and a vent server, even a pug can kick butt. That's how I started raiding when I transferred to coilfang was raidleading a weekly Naxx10 pug. The contacts I made from that got me into one guild as raid leader, and another as just another decently geared DPS to fill a hole. It's something you might look into is leading your own pug. However, if your guildies are your friends, you need to examine priorities as well. Cool peoples are cool peoples, but do you really need their text to be green if it's impeding your goals as a player? Could you leave an alt in their guild to play when it's not raid time? Could you gently coax them into raiding without making them feel forced? So many things to digest! Guess I should shut up now lol

Quinafoi
12-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Your guild doesn't raid, but you want to raid. You have 2 options:
1. Be the guild's raid leader, start your own guild raids and progress like that
2. Leave and join a guild that already raids.

I'd choose option 2 considering your guild already doesn't raid, and typically it's hard to get a non-raiding guild to start.

Option 3. Join a raiding alliance (non-guild based raid). Many servers have these as a possible alternative for people like yourself or for people who maybe just can't meet the same schedule of the guild raids. A raiding alliance typically does not care what guild you belong to, you don't have to belong to any. Find out if your server and faction has a group like this.