PDA

View Full Version : My server hates arms warriors

woodyman
12-07-2009, 05:12 AM
I feel like the last kid to be picked for the team at school.

Healers hate us cos we take aoe damage an cause to much threat and get battered a bit

Tanks hate us cos we threat to much

Bladestorm makes people whinge

getting into a group as a dps is hard enough but as a DPS arms warrior.....its almost impossible
its like all we bring to the table is chaos.

I do watch my threat with omen etc an always thank the healer if i get aggro an they have to bail me out.

And generally when i get into a group people often are happy with my performance, its gettin into the group in the first place thats the issue

anyway rant over

uglybbtoo
12-07-2009, 08:56 PM
We had same thing with DK dps on our server because they were rolling against tanks on gear and alot were newbies no pugs would take DK dps. It's slowly settled down but it took a while.

You are doing all the right things so put in your comment in LFG "knows how to control agro" or some such comment.

There is not alot you can do about it while you still have idiots of your class doing the wrong thing on the server.

"The tank pulls .. arms warrior charges then bladestorms .. then complains about dying" is like a standard joke and you just have to show you arent one of them.

Dresk
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
"The tank pulls .. arms warrior charges then bladestorms .. then complains about dying" is like a standard joke and you just have to show you arent one of them.

The funny thing here is that, on a single target, bladestorm is a dps loss compared to our normal rotation. With the other tanks in my guild, I can get away with using bladestorm on a multi-target pull right off the pull too. Maybe I am just spoiled.

More to the point of this thread: No matter where you play, people will have stereotypes. This extends beyond WoW into the rest of life. Overcome the stereotypes by demonstrating that you are better than the false image they have set for you.

Good luck. I don't feel qualified to offer any advice beyond this without being more familiar with your circumstances.

Doc309
12-08-2009, 01:49 PM
sorry but my opinion is---
suck it up...
you are running a tanking class, dual spec tank if you want easy invites to Pugs.
if you're unwilling to tank pugs... dps is a dime a dozen... why would that Pugging tank leader want to bring someone who is going to roll against him on plate gear?

Doc

AxLxExX
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
you are running a tanking class
Doc

Warriors are a tank class? I thought I saw the option to dps in the talent trees. I also thought I saw an arms warrior being an incredibly useful tool for a raid.

In seriousness, warriors are not just a tanking class, anymore than priests aren't just a healing class. Warriors can do solid dps as well as tank. As for the rant on arms warriors, yeah there are a lot of arms warriors that suck, but you just need to show people that you're not one of the "zomg bladestorm" warriors and you know what you're doing.

uglybbtoo
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
The funny thing here is that, on a single target, bladestorm is a dps loss compared to our normal rotation.

I dont do dps warrior but I thought because of the multi targets bladestorm inc dps isnt that why they hit it ... otherwise why use it

With the other tanks in my guild, I can get away with using bladestorm on a multi-target pull right off the pull too. Maybe I am just spoiled.

I think the thing here is not if the tanks can deal with it the question is do the tanks and healers feel like working that hard .. its very much like a mage opening up with a pyroblast sure you can probably deal with it but do you want to do it every pull.

In a heroic on any given day I may just decide to let you die a few times and learn your lesson. Assuming the tank is in a normal sort of range agro control is the DPS's responsibility why should the tank work his arse off so you can top the damage meters.

Anomandaris
12-09-2009, 02:45 AM
The funny thing here is that, on a single target, bladestorm is a dps loss compared to our normal rotation.

Hmm, not sure I agree with that, on HC training dummies my DPS goes up (after normal rotation for 5-10 mins and then using Bladestorm).

7 x weapon dmg in 6 secs, as long as I have MS and OP on CD and have SD executes used prior to using it, I find my DPS on single targets goes up.

But yeah, ignore the haters, they are probably fools who fail to recognise what you can bring to a group, sounds like a lot of aggro robbers have sullied the name of the Arms Warrior. But then many DPS classes can be that way (Feign Death? wtf is that? I took it off my hotbar as its only for soloing!).

woodyman
12-09-2009, 04:39 AM
thanks for all the comments
i do also have a tank spec and tanked before i DPS'd which i think helps me appreciate a tanks job an how to keep my aggro in check.

The trouble with bladestorm is that hittin sy 4 seperate mobs from the off its highly likey the tank hasnt managed to work his rotation round most of the mobs so ur gonna aggro maybe 1 maybe 2 of them.

i think people are right tho it seems to be that the arms warr has just got a name for running in an BS causing tank n healer to have to work there butts off

i agree that an arms warrior shudnt make a healer an a tanks life more difficult. we shud be an asset.
just hope i can get into enough groups to prove my point :P

Durandro
12-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Bladestorm should be used after the tank has solid aggro on all mobs, so say 4-5 seconds into the fight. Otherwise you should have no issues at all in that department.

And Warriors aren't a pure tanking class. If we were, then we'd be better at it then everyone else, which is obviously not the case (anymore). It's like saying Paladins are a pure healer class, which is certainly not the case (anymore).

Just stick with it. Arms Warriors are relatively uncommon outside of raids, but in raids they are invaluable for debuffing boss mobs and improving other melee dps's own damage.

Doc309
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
no warriors aren't tanks only...
just like my new main disc/shadow priest isn't a healer only...

but when I'm looking for a pug, guess which spec i'm in. when i see a pally in trade LF2 tank and heals, more often than not he's still looking when i finish my pug.
i'm not saying arms warriors are bad. i AM saying it's easier to get a pug as a tank or heals.
and since you may roll on plate gear that the tank (possibly the Pug Leader) wants... you may find it even harder...

Doc

Tobius
12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Have you tried starting your own PuGs?

Muffin Man
12-09-2009, 08:02 PM
The new LFG systems seems pretty to work pretty good. And since the entire group has to vote you out, no more discrimination (hopefully)!