PDA

View Full Version : Gear Improvements?

lhlee96
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I am the only DK Tank in my guild, so I don't really have any advice or anything. Do I need to improve any of my stats- and if I do, can you tell me how (what gear upgrades...etc). Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wars
12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Please provide an armory link or something where we can observe your tanking gear. Thank you.

Also, what kind of content are you tanking?

lhlee96
12-06-2009, 01:26 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Arthrynn)

lhlee96
12-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Also, what kind of content are you tanking?

I can successfully tank N ToC and H ToC, but I am having a little trouble tanking Xevozz in H VH (but that's probably my fault). I am trying to tank ToTC 10 atm, and I'd like to know how I can gear up for that.

I am going to replace Sigil of the Dark Rider with Sigil of Insolence once I get enough Triumph badges, and my Tempered Titansteel Helm with Conquerer's Darkruned Helmet.

Yes, yes, Saronite Swordbreakers for the wrists, but as a temporary replacement, is there a better one?

My def cap is at 546 at the moment, and my health is 31276 UB.

Wars
12-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Your defense is 546 at the moment* (not your defense cap)

The swordbreakers are fine for the content you're doing.

For ToC10 you're fine to OT it atm(make sure to be early in the rotation of Gormok(1st tank, 4th tank).

Keep farming conquest badges, keep buying 226 stuff. Make sure to get yourself the pieces which give you the largest increases in defense/health/avoidance.

From your chants, it looks like you know what you're doing. Just keep the farming up, do the daily, get triumph badges, and in a few weeks you'll be in quite a good position.

Plus with ICC(allegedly, not official) going live this week, the new heroic ICC 5mans have lots of great gear that will put you on par with toc/ulduar geared tanks in a matter of days.