PDA

View Full Version : Ready to tank H ToC 5man?

mike351
12-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello, ive been following the forums a little bit and have been following the advice pretty carefully. My guild is mostly just real life friends playing together and we have recently started to get people geared. This is my second character and my first tank. I was wondering if i am ready to tank H ToC 5man. I know i can use the upgrades in there such as peacekeeper blade and some of the plate pieces. Here's my armory link. Kathiaos (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Haomarush&n=Kathiaos) . Any reccomondations for gear changes would be great. Thanks.

Aggathon
12-05-2009, 06:07 PM
You're fine. ToC 5 man isn't that hard, it might be kinda rough with only 25k hps. It might not be the cleanest ever but when I first hit 80 I was running heroics under crit cap in like all T6/Sunwell gear with 22k Health or something terribad like that, you'll be fine.

Harmacy
12-06-2009, 01:37 AM
You could probably do H ToC as a tank, assuming your healer is on the ball. That being said, you have some room for improvement.

You need to respec to a 53/18 build: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMobc:pGN)

- You only need one point in Spiritual Attunement to keep your mana bar full.

- Benediction is useless.

- Crusade is a fantastic threat talent, especially since most of the mobs and bosses in heroics meet the criteria for the full 6%

- Pursuit of Justice adds a lot of mobility and versatility.

- Glyph of Divine Plea is required (permanent 3% damage reduction), Glyph of Seal of Vengeance is recommended (10 expertise = a lot of threat), and Glyph of HotR is optional but nice for heroics

For gear, let me state the obvious: you have a lot of upgrades with emblems. I'd also recommend farming some ToC normal for the boots.

Your gear isn't fully enchanted. Armsman to gloves, defense to cloak (even if you're over 535 or 540, defense is still useful as avoidance, and besides it's recommended for fresh 80's to stay a bit over the minimum as many upgrades will have less defense rating), get a nice leg patch from a LW. Work on Argent Crusade and Sons of Hodir rep for the head and shoulder enchants (although if you have a main that's exalted with Hodir, the shoulder enchants will be Bind on Account in the new patch I believe).

disregard_lc
12-06-2009, 05:42 AM
To the OP: I like to use be.imba.hu character auditor to point out suggestions for enchants, gem options, etc.