PDA

View Full Version : A new druid.

ShivreD
12-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi, this is my first spot on these forums which I've been browsing for a while now :).

I got a little question about a possible druid for Tank / Restoration.

Tank :

Is there gear which has defense rating and such (like plate for other tanks) but in leather ?

How will I perform newly dinged level 80 as a tank ?

Can I tank heroic instances as level 80 with mediocre gear ?

Restoration :

How would a restoration druid perform with mediocre gear ?

Thanks in advance, I love these forums and hope I can give other people the help they have given me indirectly someday :).

Harmacy
12-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Bears get to the uncrittable mark, not through defense, but rather through talents. I believe it's called Survival of the Fittest, although I'm too lazy to double-check. They get huge armor because of Dire Bear form as well as several talents that increase armor. Bears almost always have more HP and armor than a similarly geared DK, Warrior, or Pally, to make up for their low avoidance (bears have no parry chance, unlike other tanks).

Bears wear DPS leather gear, but regular tank jewelry, cloak, and trinkets. Agility is your main avoidance stat (aim for jewelry, cloaks, and trinkets with dodge rating).

To answer your other two questions, of course a fresh 80 can tank or heal heroics. The big issue is, would groups let you in? Many people hold unreasonable expectations for heroics, refusing tanks that are under 30k for instance. I'd suggest finding a supportive guild or a group of friends to run heroics with once you ding 80.

Darksend
12-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Read through this (http://www.tankspot.com/article.php?id=113807) and if you still have questions feel free to ask.