PDA

View Full Version : Guild Tanks Help

Parhadox
12-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Hello, this is my first post at Tankspot. Let me get right into it, our guild is a casual raiding guild and we are now trying to finish up with ToC 25 (I know, I know). Anywho, the tanks for this guild are mostly Me (As MT) and a Warrior. Well this warrior is a very good player, he's never had trouble tanking anything as MT or OT, but not one month ago he started having serious issues in ToC. I mean SERIOUS issues, he drops in 30 seconds from the start of the fight.

Lets take Northrend Beasts for example, I begin with Gormok aggro, I get 3 stacks of Impale (we let it get to 3) and he taunts off me. By the time he gets the second impale he drops stupidly quick. So basically, what I'm here for is HALP!!

Any advice, criticism or help would be truly appreciated on how we can work this out. We're a close guild and we're all trying to find out how we can help him with this, so this is my attempt.

Here's his armor:

Zangetsen (Warrior OT)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Zangetsen)

(In case he's in arms spec, here's wow-heroes for the ability to switch to prot spec)

US-Suramar-Zangetsen

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/)

And my armory just in case:

Parhadox (me, MT):

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Parhadox)

Thanks,

Aggathon
12-05-2009, 09:49 PM
A few things before we go further:

1) Your warrior isn't in prot gear in either armory or wow-heroes
2) He needs to take 3 points out of either focused rage or shield specilization and put them into armed to the teeth
3) You need to lose Eitrigg's Oath ASAP

Taeros
12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Your friend looks too undergeared to tank bosses in that content. If there's time, I would recommend going back and getting him some upgrades from other instances like Ulduar and VoA. Continue running ToC 10 with him. The shield from Anub'arak 10 would be great. I don't know if he logged out in a gimmick set, but the 20 strength gem in his helm isn't doing him any favors.

As for Gormok, he can be disarmed on normal 10/25. When it's Zangetsen's turn to taunt, he should pop an Indestructible Potion. As the second impale is about to land, the warrior can disarm him and then follow it up with another cooldown until the third impale. Getting bleeds off him with a HoP when you take Gormok back will also help the healers.

Patch 3.3 will be very soon so he'll be able to farm heroics to buy lots of Triumph emblem upgrades.

Aggathon
12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Your friend looks too undergeared to tank bosses in that content. If there's time, I would recommend going back and getting him some upgrades from other instances like Ulduar and VoA. Continue running ToC 10 with him. The shield from Anub'arak 10 would be great. I don't know if he logged out in a gimmick set, but the 20 strength gem in his helm isn't doing him any favors.

Uhhh... he's logged out arms gear?

Taeros
12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
If you look him up on WoW Heroes you can see his most recent tank gear setup. Just click on his Protection spec.

Aggathon
12-05-2009, 10:25 PM
If you look him up on WoW Heroes you can see his most recent tank gear setup. Just click on his Protection spec.

Ya, didn't realize he had a saved profile, MY BAD, brb checking out his schtuff

Aggathon
12-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Okay, I don't think he's necessarily undergeared for ToC25 persay, but he does need help. I agree completely with the gem in the helm, it should be a stam/agi or stam/dodge. I'd say stam/agi b/c it's barely more EHP + some crit + some dodge, though less than dodge rating, but I think the benefits from agi outweigh it.

He needs to continue upgrading his 24 stam gems to 30 stam gems.

Shoulders - I'd highly recommend 30 stam/15 resil enchant instead
Chest - re-enchant with 275 HPs
Legs - needs new legs ASAP! Teir 8 or 9 legs might be easiest, though the best are from ToC25, but that is sort of a catch 22 atm huh?
Boots - I'd suggest Tuskarr's Vitality instead of 22 stam
Bracers - I REALLY suggest getting Saronite Sword Breakers made
Gloves - 240 Armor
Ring - If at all possible he should get clutch of fortitude from emblems of triumph.
Trinket - Ony Talisman is pretty bad for ToC tbh. I'd suggest essence of gossimir, brewfest trinket if he has it, or picking up glyph of indominability
Cloak - 225 armor
Weapon - I'd suggest Blood Draining instead but blade warding isn't TOO bad.

Also on spec: take out 2 points from booming voice and put them in imp revenge.

Also on normal he shouldn't be getting killed by impale number 5, disarming is probably a good idea. But cooldowns should probably be used towards impale 9 and on.

Parhadox
12-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh wow guys, thanks so much. I'll tell him about the enchants/gems and spec thing. Also the cooldowns and disarming in gormok.

Anything else you guys can think of ?

Krays
12-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Althought this aint the cause of why he dieing, i dont like his spec. His glyph choice are ok, but i dunno why he skipped on Armor to teeth for booming voice, seems pointless, also he dont need focused rage , no one does IMo better to get imp revenge. Also imo reason he dies is cause of you, no hear me out, its cause healers are creatures of habit and if they used to healing you, they will find healing him harder, his glyph choices tell me , he is using his cd's but he may be using to early or to late or something. He aint undergeared for toc 25m, although regemmeing and new shiled will be a good idea.

Should even maybe have him only take 2impales(althought no reason why he cant take 3) and use BOPS. get him to start tanking gormok so healers get more used to healing him. Perhaps the healers are hotting you up more. Tell healers to use priest shiled and pret hot him. Also tell him to annouce in raid at least 3 sec before he taunts so he can be prehotted and be given priest shield and maybe inspiration ( or what ever the armor buff is called fro, healers). You should also check if he is slacking on consumables or not, they way hes gemmed tells me he may be cheaping out and not using the correct consumables. A tank geared as him should be using indes pots.

I agree with the rest of the stuff people said, exacpet for two things but the way hes geared i suggest 22def on his cloak and 18 stam on gloves instead of the armor stuff that somone suggested, as hes lacking a bit of hp and he can get armor from indes pots and black heart.