PDA

View Full Version : Ready to tank ToGC 10?

Ghostscript
12-05-2009, 12:14 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Ghostscript)

As per the title, I'm likely going to be heading into ToGC 10 in the near future. I've been able to breeze through TotC 10 with no issues so far. And have tanked everything up to 25m Anub.

The armory might reflect wearing some different gear. I have both brewfest trinkets, The Black Heart, Eatrigs Oath, and also the shield off 10m Auraiya.

So the real question is, am I ready? Or what can I improve on?

vine
12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Your health is a little low, replace Furnace Stone with Black Heart. Also grab the badge ring, it's a huge upgrade over Mark and will allow you to swap some +def gems/enchants to pure stam.

Gormok can melee and Impale for ~40k in under a second in heroic so you want a large health pool.

Ghostscript
12-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Check now. Logged out with the Black Heart. Also changed some of the gems. Im hesitant to change the enchants right now, just because I do run multiple sets and one of them has me riding right above uncrittable

Espillion
12-06-2009, 11:08 AM
The more stamina and mitigation (damage wise, not avoidance) you have, the more of a buffer the healers will have in actually reacting to your health being topped up.

But also you need to keep in mind a threat outlook on the situation. It's a race to beat the clock as well as survival. If you got all the health in the world but not enough threat to hold off the DPS from their target kill point, odds are you will lose out.

Wars
12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
At the moment you have plenty of HP, hit, expertise, avoidance to handle ToGC.

Your survivability and threat should be fine, replace that damn peacekeeper blade when you get a chance! I would probably ditch one of your defense chants(cloak/chest) and get something that might round off a bit more. For the cloak I'm a fan of the EH of 225 armor(because less physical damage taken is great), for the chest, 275 HP will do you well.

Personally the brewfest trinket, I'd get rid of for the glyph of indominability. 50 badges, and it's about 2% overall physical mitigation. For things like Gormok, Dreadscale, Icehowl hard mode, along with what we're looking at for Lord Marrowgar(all physical damage to the tank), it's worth more than the stamina increase.

Remember that armor is more effective the more of it you have.

You should be able to roll TOGC10 with good healers and a group that can "stay alive."

Wars
12-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Your health is a little low, replace Furnace Stone with Black Heart. Also grab the badge ring, it's a huge upgrade over Mark and will allow you to swap some +def gems/enchants to pure stam.

Gormok can melee and Impale for ~40k in under a second in heroic so you want a large health pool.

Vine! Hi!

For gormok you should always have a cooldown blown for the 2nd incoming impale. So for the first, a last stand + trinket + enraged regen will brush off that 40k hit easy. The second will have a shield wall + whatever else you have available, and that 40k hit will be like 26k, which with 50k HP should be nice and easy to heal.

Krays
12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Hmm i never seen no 40k impale on 10m togc, u guys sure he hits that hard? i seen that in 25m ofc.

Although really the 10man version of togc is not as tough as you think, for a tank even if you under geared as long as you specced/glyphed right and use cooldowns at the correct time (on your impales when gormok has about 3 stacks of rising anger, if you have to take a full stun of paralytic poison, when acidmaw dies and you tanking dreadscale, and on icehwol when he just comes out of his stun or when someone messes up and gets trampled). Gotta use indes pots too, one before the fight starts and one during.

Wars
12-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Not a 40k impale but he was saying 40k w/impale + melee.

I've never seen a 40k impale unless it's northrend heroic and I'm getting him w/8+ stacks of buff.

Ghostscript
12-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Yup. I already have the Glyph of Indom so that's good to know. I wish I could replace the damn peacekeepers blade! I've been running Ony 10 and 25 each week, as well as Totc 10 for Ardent Guard. No luck so far. I'll go ahead and switch the enchants though.

Thanks for all the great replies!

vine
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Hmm i never seen no 40k impale on 10m togc, u guys sure he hits that hard? i seen that in 25m ofc.
I said Impale + melee, and in under a second not in one hit.

Bayz0r
12-07-2009, 02:28 AM
I'd use the brewfest trinkets if I were you, or at least one to replace the glyph. You should be fine aside from that, though.

DimetrisDoA
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
i hate tanks that wear brewfest trinks, the glyph is better, i wouldnt use brewfest trink(s). For toc id always use Black heart and glyph. More EH

sillypuddy
12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
what about black heart and satrinas scarab?

Ghostscript
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I dont have Juggernauts Vitality. Otherwise I would be using that and the Black Heart/Glyph. No luck in 25m TotC pugs :(

Bayz0r
12-17-2009, 11:56 AM
i hate tanks that wear brewfest trinks, the glyph is better, i wouldnt use brewfest trink(s). For toc id always use Black heart and glyph. More EH

Why is the Glyph better in togc?

Griff
12-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Glyph isn't necessarily better. Its armor instead of stam so its good against fights with a melee-heavy component but if you start getting into bosses where the damage is in part, magical, it quickly becomes an inferior trink.

The advantage in melee fights is that the damage reduction from the armor comes off each hit, regardless of your current health