PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some noobie help

Bigug
12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
So I have been raiding as my lock and i have tanked as a pally in BC and as a dk through most of uld however i have finally managed to lvl my prot warrior and im incredibly excited to start assuming him as my main. The problem is i have been looking for a general rule of thumb post or sticky for starting warrior tanks such as spec (also reasons for the spec) gem break downs Proper numbers in midigation to shoot for and such since i have been out of the loop for so long as far as tanking with a shield.

-Thanks,
Bigug

Bigug
12-04-2009, 03:01 PM
So about me not realizing the faq post....sorry

Aggathon
12-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd recommend the following spec/glyphs:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:dcrozm)

Basically this is the cookie cutter warrior spec. I put in glyph of devastate instead of glyph of shield wall because when starting out you may want the extra %s on shield wall and also you may need more threat, which devastate provides.

As far as gemming/gearing. There's a lot of stuff on this, I'd suggest just reading around the forums, but for the most part get "uncrittable" which means a defense minimum of 540, then start gemming stam. Depending on your content you may want to gem some threat stats, the best being expertise.