PDA

View Full Version : Need Bear Gear/Stats Help

BurnsLikeIce
12-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I try to stay informed about what my fuzzy bear butt needs to do for in the way of stats, gems, enchants, talents, and so forth. But I really don't know any other Bears to go to for advice, I can't always find up-to-date info sources that address bears-only on a given question, and sometimes you just need another person's perspective.

My Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&n=Burnslikeice)

Some of my stats in Bear form (with MotW):
+29K Armor
+40% Dodge
+40K HP

I decided I need some other Bears' advice when I got a new helm recently. Looked at the rest of my gear and had a wtf? moment. I'd gemed a lot of it when I first got it then never bothered to change it as I got upgrades in other slots. Lots of Hit+Stam/Agi gems. Which I do not need that much Hit. So I regemmed a bit, and figured it's time for a general reevaluation of my Bear self.

From that Armory, is there anything I could alter for the better?

Also, you lot see my trinkets. I have a list of upgrades, but i'm not sure what trinkets are best for Bears. I figure that Satrina's Impeding Scarab is good for me, but what else? Is the Glyph of Indomitability worth the emblems? Advice on what the best things to aim for are welcome in regards to trinkets.

I should mention that I've tanked ToC10/25 and done well. Well, up to Faction Champs in 25, but that's an entirely different problem (CC-fail all-around). My guild is social, and most of our 80's aren't geared enough for ToC10. So I PuG or run with this other guild we're friendly with. If you have suggestions in regards to gear, please exclude mention of items from ToGC. I don't think i'm ready to tank in those yet, anyway.

I give thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Darksend
12-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Badge tanking ring

replace the agi/hit and agi gems with stam gems

Viridios
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Badge tanking ring

replace the agi/hit and agi gems with stam gems

Sort of.

Replace any gems that don't have a worthwhile bonus with stam. Anything worthwhile, keep.

My opinions of worthwhile: 1 red req'd, 4 Agi or Stam. 2 red, 6 Agi or 6 Stam. 1 Yellow, 8 Agi or 4 Stam.

For yellow, use either a hit/stam or def/stam gem. For red, Agi/stam. All gems that use those sockets should be mixed.

You may want to replace your chest. The 2pc for Bears really isn't that useful for raiding, since we generally aren't rage starved. OTOH, if you do a lot of heroics it can be nice.

As noted, replace the ring with the badge one. Also, see if you can get one from Onyxia's Lair - Signified/Runed I think are the 10/25 versions?

Xino6804
12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
IMO the loot forthe Onyxia head quest is not worth it for a bear tank. All you would get out of it isa higher Def rating and thats it. Now the necklace would be nice for a kitty.