PDA

View Full Version : Am i ready for Ony 10 (norm)

makkaveli
12-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi All,

Am i ready for Ony 10 norm? On wow-heroes it advises that it would be medium difficulty. I kno were not to take those guidelines to heart but i do wonder if i will be ready for it.

How much of each of the following is recommended so i dont give healers a hard time?

(Current stats)
Stam: 30k
Armour: 24k
dodge: 24.5%
parry: 17.5%

my profile below:
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Alonsus&name=makkaveli)

Many Thanks in advanced :D

Makka

CatabriOnEarthen
12-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi All,

Am i ready for Ony 10 norm? On wow-heroes it advises that it would be medium difficulty. I kno were not to take those guidelines to heart but i do wonder if i will be ready for it.

How much of each of the following is recommended so i dont give healers a hard time?

(Current stats)
Stam: 30k
Armour: 24k
dodge: 24.5%
parry: 17.5%

Makka

Depends on if you are MT/OT...but seriously, that's more than I had when we killed the dragon. I did notice your enchanting and JC are very low. Getting your enchanting up will let you enchant your rings. And I can see your cloak is not the best, but I can tell you are working on your set.

makkaveli
12-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Depends on if you are MT/OT...but seriously, that's more than I had when we killed the dragon. I did notice your enchanting and JC are very low. Getting your enchanting up will let you enchant your rings. And I can see your cloak is not the best, but I can tell you are working on your set.

were u MT/OT when u cleared it?

Yeh im lookin to grab the valor cloak from badges and i aim to lvl my jewelcrafting first for the 51 stam gems then ill do my enchanting (both expensive) i have even put my epic mount in my bank to save for the money on my professions.

Im just thinking generally really if u can advise if i would be able to OT or MT better that would be appreciated. Is my dodge and parry ok? trinket and sigil will help obviously but as a base value?

Cheers!

CatabriOnEarthen
12-04-2009, 06:57 AM
were u MT/OT when u cleared it?

Yeh im lookin to grab the valor cloak from badges and i aim to lvl my jewelcrafting first for the 51 stam gems then ill do my enchanting (both expensive) i have even put my epic mount in my bank to save for the money on my professions.

Im just thinking generally really if u can advise if i would be able to OT or MT better that would be appreciated. Is my dodge and parry ok? trinket and sigil will help obviously but as a base value?

Cheers!

MT. I am a horrible add tank. That's not a toon issue, that's a player issue. Believe me I know how expensive it is to level JC and enchanting. As for your avoidance, I'm not sure..I don't know DK avoidance mechanics at all.

Rominoodle
12-04-2009, 07:01 AM
I'd say you are pretty ready for Ony 10. As far as MT or OT goes, it often depends on the group makeup you have. If you've got a warrior as your other tank, you might be the OT just because of the better AoE that you have for whelps. Completely raid buffed you are probably sitting around 36k health (total guess) which is plenty for the encounter, however just the fact that you have AoE (much like me!) you will most likely be doomed to whelp tank and healer duty. It's not a fascinating job, but still an important one. I have only MT'd Ony one time and that was when our MT died at the end of Phase 2 and I had to drag a bunch of whelps and Ony back to start position. Although I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on Tankspot before, but MT and OT aren't really glorified titles anymore. A main tank gets to stare at boss crotch for 10 minutes, and the OT gets to pretend to be important until the rest of the raid is in trouble.

There are a couple of things that confuse me though about your set up. You put an epic stam gem in your helm, and only put blue +24 stam gems in your T8 chestpiece. I realize you are working on your JC, but these blue gems need to be upgraded. As tanks we can't afford to go cheap on anything. By upgrading your 24 stam gems to 30 stam, you get an extra 30 stam right there. As far as gear goes, I would stick to heroics in between your ony runs. You can upgrade boots, belt, gloves, ring, neck, cloak and helm all to higher iLevel gear. Doing good though, get grinding on those professions and they will really help out.

**Edit** I do believe I read too about the next patch heroics dropping triumph badges, so you might hold off on the above advice. It's still early and I haven't had my coffee this morning :)

makkaveli
12-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I'd say you are pretty ready for Ony 10. As far as MT or OT goes, it often depends on the group makeup you have. If you've got a warrior as your other tank, you might be the OT just because of the better AoE that you have for whelps. Completely raid buffed you are probably sitting around 36k health (total guess) which is plenty for the encounter, however just the fact that you have AoE (much like me!) you will most likely be doomed to whelp tank and healer duty. It's not a fascinating job, but still an important one. I have only MT'd Ony one time and that was when our MT died at the end of Phase 2 and I had to drag a bunch of whelps and Ony back to start position. Although I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on Tankspot before, but MT and OT aren't really glorified titles anymore. A main tank gets to stare at boss crotch for 10 minutes, and the OT gets to pretend to be important until the rest of the raid is in trouble.

There are a couple of things that confuse me though about your set up. You put an epic stam gem in your helm, and only put blue +24 stam gems in your T8 chestpiece. I realize you are working on your JC, but these blue gems need to be upgraded. As tanks we can't afford to go cheap on anything. By upgrading your 24 stam gems to 30 stam, you get an extra 30 stam right there. As far as gear goes, I would stick to heroics in between your ony runs. You can upgrade boots, belt, gloves, ring, neck, cloak and helm all to higher iLevel gear. Doing good though, get grinding on those professions and they will really help out.

**Edit** I do believe I read too about the next patch heroics dropping triumph badges, so you might hold off on the above advice. It's still early and I haven't had my coffee this morning :)

yeh im going to casually get some badges until 3.3 as then itll be T9 grinding (frost badges i think) and continue to boost what i have.

Understandbly regarding the stamina gems i have 1.4k gold left and i wonder if that will take me high enough in profession lvl to be able to create my own gems a bit cheaper and make a saving (due to profits from LFW) thats teh main reason behind my +24 gems.

In regards to the following upgrades u mentioned:

boots, belt, gloves, ring, neck, cloak and helm

I take it thats a mix of 213 and 226 as i thought it was only 4 bits of 226 gear atm? (excluding triumph from daily and raids)

good guess btw i usually sit around 36k buffed sometimes more. and it jumps up to 41-42k with vampiric blood (30 seconds) which is nice.

thanks for the advice ill keep working on my gear and read/watch some ony guides :)

cheers!

makkaveli
12-07-2009, 07:42 AM
just to let u kno guys i went through ony with ease! its actually alot easier than i expected. i even got compliments from a pug group lol

the OT was slacking a bit and i managed to grab at least 30% of the adds aswell as the boss. healers did great too.

Thanks for the advice! :D