PDA

View Full Version : Should I put some hit?

Xemmas
12-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Lately Ive been told to put more hit rating and expertise gems into my gear, I currently dont have any problems with aggro, except against another prot pally in my guild that seems to have way to many tps everytime I tank.
Im considering the option, becuase i wanna improve (Im all stam gem and enchant wise but Im willing to change if is an upgrade)

Idk whats the minimun Hit rating pr expertise I need to have as a Tankandin.

This is my armory
(i know my chest is not enchanted btw, I just got it and I didnt have the time to enchant it)

Strit
12-04-2009, 05:31 AM
I don't play a paladin so i don't know anything about the talents they have. If you don't have a talent that gives you hit, then you should probably gem/enchant for some, to be near the hitcap for special moves. Melee special moves are capped at 8% (you have 2-3% now) and spellbased moves are capped at 17%.

CatabriOnEarthen
12-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Lately Ive been told to put more hit rating and expertise gems into my gear, I currently dont have any problems with aggro, except against another prot pally in my guild that seems to have way to many tps everytime I tank.
Im considering the option, becuase i wanna improve (Im all stam gem and enchant wise but Im willing to change if is an upgrade)

Idk whats the minimun Hit rating pr expertise I need to have as a Tankandin.

This is my armory
(i know my chest is not enchanted btw, I just got it and I didnt have the time to enchant it)

You are having trouble with threat because you aren't hit capped. Even w/ the RD glyph, you are missing on your taunts. Paladin taunts miss or hit according to the spell hit cap (excessively high for tanks, hence the glyph). You stacked stam, that's your choice, but yes, you should get closer to the hit cap. It's 264 Horde side, not sure what it is exactly for Alliance w/ a Draenei in the group.

You also haven't specced into Vindication (Ret tree) which is an amazing threat talent. Benediction is a waste of talents (IMO) as you shouldn't have mana issues on bosses with DP active and judging on CD. For the same reason, only 1/2 is needed in Spiritual Attunement. I don't feel the need for lowed CD on HoJ, pesonally, and don't spec into it. I have other ways of interrupting casts, and several interrupts available via other raid members.

I like having the Holy Shield libram, and getting the block value while HS is active.

I'm comfortable with being just under hit cap. I was running w/o the RD glyph, but at 257 hit, which is barely where you are w/ hit and Glyph. I was having a large number of taunt misses...and it was definitely affecting my threat.

Hope this helps.