PDA

View Full Version : Blacksmithing - Armorsmith or Weaponsmith

CurVG
12-04-2009, 04:15 AM
What do you think I should specialize in with Blacksmithing as a prot warr?

PvtCaboose
12-04-2009, 04:26 AM
There is no reason to specialize Black Smithing in WotLK because there is no gear that stands out, my advice, don't specialize until we get more information on BS and what new items we'll be able to craft.

Celtics
12-04-2009, 05:20 AM
I would say Amoursmith that is what I did on my prot paly even though I had to farm alot, but I got it 450 and throughout the whole time 1-80 I only bought 3 things from the auction house, they were all shields other than that I made what I would wear and quest items. Hope this helps

Brucimus
12-04-2009, 05:59 AM
ignore the specializations...they are now obsolete

Durandro
12-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Back in BC it was useful. You could make some very respectable epic weapons or pieces of armour that would last you well into raiding (and could then be further upgraded...twice!).

Now? A couple of level 78 blue quality items that aren't even that good. Utterly pointless, and rather disappointing.

Brucimus
12-04-2009, 06:18 AM
rather disappointing

I loved my Lionheart Executioner - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28430) like a child...

Alkatractite
12-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Indeed, nowadays specialization means nothing. Armorsmith is more of a pain (I believe, never did the weaponsmith quests) It's pretty expensive unless you don't care about getting the recipes and have an armorsmith friend who can make you the final items. Hopefully in Cataclysm they'll give us some useful recipes. :)

Rominoodle
12-04-2009, 07:19 AM
phew! I am glad I read this post! I was on the same fence with trying to decide whether or not it was worth it to go into one of these specializations. I am currently 447 or 448 blacksmith (i haven't played much lately) and I wasn't going to chose one until I was at 450. Thanks as usual Tankspot!

Theotherone
12-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I leveled my hunter to 450 BS and took Armorsmith on the way up (first toon I leveled so craft leveled with it)- freaking complete waste of time; utterly useless. Just the sheer agony of gathering all the Mitiril for the Armorsmith and being rewarded with a mace I couldn't use was just frustrating.

Varagar
12-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Not sure either are really useful, coming from a 450 Armorsmith here. The extra sockets you get are nice, and the stamina bonus from mining is good, so thats a plus. People tell you they're useless and its pretty accurate, but its not all for nothing. Maybe Cataclysm they will make it worthwhile again. (As a 10 man raider, I don't even get access to some decent patterns that drop.)

Gutfang
12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
In Cataclysm, reforging (http://www.wowwiki.com/Reforging) will make blacksmithing relevant again.

Theotherone
12-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I was just speaking about the Armorsmithing; I actually like Blacksmithing - the specializations are useless. I wish we'd get a Blacksmithing daily to get tokens to buy patterns.

MellvarTank
12-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I wish they would bring back the specializations and literally make it so the best armor/best weapons are crafted. The mats to make said weapons are usually insane and you have to raid for weeks on end to farm them up, so it wouldn't even be op'd. It'd just be worth it again.

Eravian
12-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm still waiting for them to make the best shield in the game only available to Armorsmiths, just to make me feel vindicated for taking that so long ago... even in BC, all it gave us was a dps chestpiece...

Dreg
12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
In Cataclysm, reforging (http://www.wowwiki.com/Reforging) will make blacksmithing relevant again.

blacksmithing has one of the best benefits of any profession with its 2 free extra sockets.

CurVG
12-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Are there any extra sockets for Armorsmiths above the standard 2 for every blacksmith?