PDA

View Full Version : Threat feeling low.

Bragoon
12-04-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm sitting at about 6.5k - 7k tps on a non gimmick fight, it feels extremely low, my rotation is the normal, SS on CD, Revenge on CD, dev spam will spamming HS, and shield block when its off cool down.

Anyone have any advice, I am leaning towards my weapon, but I need more of an explanation.

Aggathon
12-04-2009, 02:44 AM
I honestly can't give you any suggestions other than if it isn't enough TPS and DPS are catching you then pick up glyph of vigilance and devastate.

Your armor is almost completely flawless in my opinion. The only thing I'd change is your shoulder enchant to 30stam/15 resil, but that has nothing to do with threat, other than it seems like you're doing it right in general.

You also have a defense gem in your weapon, but I'm assuming that's for anub add tanking. I would recommend blood draining over mongoose for anub add tanking btw, it has saved my ass a LOT! Including on our insanity kill.

I'm usually around 1k TPS higher than you though, and I have less expertise (about the same hit, I have 60 hit). I might change a couple gems that hit socket bonuses but that comes down to personal preference and I personally think it is acceptable either way.

But like... seriously, your armory is pretty much spotless, it is one of the best I've ever seen posted in the HALP! section. The only thing I can suggest is working on your rotation and keeping HS uptime high.

gabbu
12-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Without a WMO/WoL I would go with aggathon and say first try Glyph of Vigilance and if you still need threat pick Glyph of Devastate next.

Bragoon
12-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Here is a WOL
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/duxfv9yzlaac1gnh/details/18/?s=7562&e=8033)

MellvarTank
12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
The only thing I see is that there are only 4 thunderclap hits on that log. If you are noticing that threat is lacking I would try to work that into the rotation, other than that I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Erred
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Unless I missed it, I don’t see any shockwave damage. Try adding it into your rotation. It usually hits pretty hard so I like to keep it on cooldown as much as possible.

Aggathon
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The only thing I see is that there are only 4 thunderclap hits on that log. If you are noticing that threat is lacking I would try to work that into the rotation, other than that I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

What are you talking about? For single target tclap is one of our lowest threat generators, devastate is significantly more dps and the global cooldown is better used for devastate if you don't need the debuff up on the boss.

Aggathon
12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't MT Icehowl on NRB, our pally does, so my numbers are off for that fight comparision, but I do MT Jaraxxus, Here is my log:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/65amxwfbtblh9bpz/details/28/?s=4148&e=4410)

As you can see the damage breakdown is almost exactly the same, so I really can't explain why you'd have any threat problems.

Eravian
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Comparing the logs between you two, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot different, although comparing Jaraxxus to NRB isn't the best comparison... that being said, I do notice some oddities in your NRB logs, Bragoon, like that Shattering Throw in there that is sort of out of place... that shouldn't really affect your average tps over the long run though. Are you calculating your tps from a meter like Omen, or from your own number crunching, etc?

Your talent specs are exactly the same, and although the glyphs are different, if anything I would think that your's are more threat oriented then Aggathon's are...

The only real differences I notice are that Aggathon has 200 more attack power roughly, despite having less armor, and that he's using Quel'serrar, which has more base damage then Sorthalis does. If threat is an issue, you might swap out Sorthalis for a different weapon, even a dps one if you're not worried about gimping survivability too much.

Aggathon
12-04-2009, 01:25 PM
If he does shattering throw like I do it was either while he wasn't tanking gormock or while icehowl was stunned.

Bragoon
12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I do shatter right at the start, after 5 sunders and when icehowl is stunned. You can get two of them throughout the fight.

Also, i'm using omen

Aggathon
12-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Another thing I might mention is be cautious of clipping shield slam timers. You might even get an addon like power auras or something that gives you an obvious visual que when sword and board procs so that you don't accidentally hit another devastate and have to wait another 1.5 seconds to shield slam. sometimes if shield slam is like half a second away from cooldown I'll focus on keeping HS up and not worry about hitting another devastate in the gap and instead making sure I get the shield slam instead of waiting for another GCD to hit it.